User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Aug-14 12:39:32
Print Post

Plusnet Staffs

[link to this post]

I can see that Plusnet Staffs on Community forum is lacking now as no ones seem bothered to answer in the last few days since change of staffs role in the jobs.

Very disappointed overall.

Poor phone support calls with no answer!

Poor ticket support with no answer!

Poor community forum with no answer!

WHAT GOING ON PLUSNET?

Plusnet are going downhill in my view!

No ones at Plusnet doesn't bother to reply below:

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1302...

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1303...

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1302...

Edited by adslmax (Mon 11-Aug-14 12:42:07)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Aug-14 14:14:17
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Staffs

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Desperate times call for desperate measures tongue

So have you tried sending a personal message to any of the PN Customer Relations Team when you are signed into the Community forum?

plusnet user
Standard User Computerman142
(member) Mon 11-Aug-14 14:22:23
Print Post

I been thinking about joining them for a while but can't yet as my contract with TalkTalk doesn't end until October. But after hearing about bad support for the past month or so I'm feeling reluctant to join them unless there support gets better, you see Plusnet you are/could be loosing future customers like me if people hear about the bad support.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2859828308
My best ever result- upload is more than it should be. but more the better. Also ping is a bit high

MYSEL

TalkTalk 40/2 FTTC - Currently getting 25Mbps on an interleaved FTTC line, was 26.5Mbps.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Aug-14 14:52:41
Print Post

[re: Computerman142] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Computerman142:
I been thinking about joining them for a while but can't yet as my contract with TalkTalk doesn't end until October. But after hearing about bad support for the past month or so I'm feeling reluctant to join them unless there support gets better, you see Plusnet you are/could be loosing future customers like me if people hear about the bad support.
Then again after signing up back in March I've never needed to contact their support wink

But I agree that it sounds like a poor show.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Mon 11-Aug-14 17:28:53
Print Post

[re: Computerman142] [link to this post]

I'm in much the same position. I'm now on rolling contract with BT Infinity and BT line rental saver getting close to expiring. I'm thinking of moving to PlusNet but quite concerned about the lowering support standards. I was with Nildram and saw the signs and managed to leave before it got so bad. Then with BE, who I left as they could not provide FTTC. However, keeping up with the BE forum the signs of deterioration were already there even before Sky, so I think I would have left anyway. I moved to BT FTTC rather than PlusNet as PlusNet couldn't provide 20Mbps upload at the time.

18 months is a long contract if PlusNet really is getting worse. In addition, quite a few people seem to have issues with PlusNet getting the transfer wrong in some way or another ~ not sure if that is mainly on new FTTC installs or on broadand/telephone transfers. I'm monitoring this forum for a bit before deciding to jump; I'll probably let my line rental saver die and be replaced by a normal monthly contract too.

--
BT Infinity 2, thinking of moving to PlusNet
Standard User Computerman142
(member) Mon 11-Aug-14 20:55:48
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

In addition, quite a few people seem to have issues with PlusNet getting the transfer wrong in some way or another ~ not sure if that is mainly on new FTTC installs or on broadand/telephone transfers. I'm monitoring this forum for a bit before deciding to jump;

I agree, that's another reason why I am reluctant to join in case they mess up my order and leave me with no broadband or phone or both. I wishing to switch due to price I am paying that I could get better with Plusnet ie 40/20 with TalkTalk 40/2 for £32 ish, I know I wont get that sort of speed but Plusnet its better value and £2 cheaper. I think I will do similar to you probably just stay on what I am on now and monitor the forums and I haven't had any problems for the four years I've been with TalkTalk.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2859828308
My best ever result- upload is more than it should be. but more the better. Also ping is a bit high

MYSEL

TalkTalk 40/2 FTTC - Currently getting 25Mbps on an interleaved FTTC line, was 26.5Mbps.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Aug-14 21:29:41
Print Post

Unfortunate but inevitable that a company charging what Plusnet do and not outsourcing wouldn't have commercial-grade responsiveness on their support lines.

Can't charge those prices and stay profitable without cutting some corners. Margins on some products, especially those where they can't make up shortfall with line rental, must be wafer thin.
Standard User zom22
(member) Mon 11-Aug-14 22:07:17
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

@Ignitionnet Exactly!
Yet on the Plusnet forums there is the inevitable multi-page thread of the outraged about some £1.50 line rental price rise in the autumn....and they really cannot see the connection.
Some have even described UK BB/line rental prices as being "out of control".

In short:
If you want ace support buy a business line and pay up for it or go to an retail ISP that has excellent support - at a price.
Or alternatively if you want ultra cheap domestic BB face the consequences of next to no support.

That said it does seem Plusnet's fault for seemingly targeting the ultra price sensitive market segment in their aim for market growth by sponsoring stuff like 'Big Brother' and getting swamped by them - as you say on ultra tight margins.
Standard User DRW
(committed) Tue 12-Aug-14 11:27:14
Print Post

[re: zom22] [link to this post]

However - you do get a UK based call centre that with a bit of prodding does do their stuff and they appear to have a good relationship with Openreach in getting problems solved (or at least my problems).

Also their ticketing process for documenting problems is a good record of how your problems are being resolved.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Aug-14 12:11:26
Print Post

Maybe things are not going as well as Bob had thought they might seven months ago?
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/f/4294411-h...

I've not had to call CS with regard to connection or billing issues since moving to Plusnet last October (2013), can't be bad.

plusnet user
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to