User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User J_Walsh
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Aug-14 18:44:00
Print Post

Moving from BT

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Signed up on the 27/7 for migration from BT (phone and Fibre broadband). How long does this normally take? router hasn't been delivered yet and heard nothing from PlusNet.

Have logged into the member centre that tells me my account is being prepared, is it normal to take this long and not hear anything from PlusNet?

Many Thanks

BT Infinity

Speedtest

Edited by J_Walsh (Wed 20-Aug-14 18:47:06)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Aug-14 20:31:56
Print Post

Re: Moving from BT

[re: J_Walsh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by J_Walsh:
Have logged into the member centre that tells me my account is being prepared, is it normal to take this long and not hear anything from PlusNet?

No you've fallen into the hole I fell into and others have when moving from BT. :-/

Call them (SALES, not support), or raise a ticket, or open a thread on the community forum, and someone will kick the system. Your account is probably in technical "limbo" frown

James - plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Wed 20-Aug-14 20:41:28
Print Post

Good luck.
Please post how it goes, so others (e.g. me) thinking of following in your footsteps can learn ...

--
BT Infinity 2, thinking of moving to PlusNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User J_Walsh
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Aug-14 20:52:43
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:

No you've fallen into the hole I fell into and others have when moving from BT. :-/

Call them (SALES, not support), or raise a ticket, or open a thread on the community forum, and someone will kick the system. Your account is probably in technical "limbo" frown

I hope this isn't the case, Not mpressed so far frown

BT Infinity

Speedtest
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Aug-14 20:58:36
Print Post

You need to get hold of them quick, as you don't want the MAC from BT to expire, or you have to get that re-issued.

James - plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
Standard User J_Walsh
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Aug-14 21:02:40
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Have posted a topic on the forums, I'm considering cancelling my order with PlusNet - not impressed!

BT Infinity

Speedtest
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Aug-14 21:05:42
Print Post

I too, fell into the 'hole'. As jchamier says phone them. When I called after not having heard anything for a week, the person I spoke to was able to set things in motion there and then. Everything went as expected from then onwards.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2 -> Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Aug-14 21:35:40
Print Post

Have posted a topic on the forums, I'm considering cancelling my order with PlusNet - not impressed!

I can understand that, but once you speak to someone they can fix this very quickly and get the order moving. I suspect its a BT to Plusnet with fibre gotcha, and not very many people are doing that yet.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Aug-14 23:50:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by jchamier:

I fell into that "hole" when I ordered from new. Had to ring them and then they found out the order was in what PN call " pre signup" so had not gone through. I saw it many a time when I worked there, that and accounts not activating until we did it manually.

As a result I didn't see the order tracker until my account was active.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Aug-14 23:51:05
Print Post

Fortunately when it's up and running you will be - trust me, it's worth the wait smile

When I moved house I waited 4 weeks for someone to install mine.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to