User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Aug-14 23:53:26
Print Post

Can I order?

[link to this post]

2 more FTTC connections with you? Is that allowed? Each with it's own account of course.

And also do I have to take the router you supply? I have 1 but also the load balancer I use has PPPoE in it anyway and so my current account is running with just the OR modem.

Not sure if it's possible. Virgin said no to having another line in here even though I have the connections for it.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Aug-14 02:14:39
Print Post

Re: Can I order?

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Plusnet say NO to 2 x FTTC with the same company. The only way to order new line from ex-bt engineer (half price) and (cheaper) then order FTTC from other isp and bonding together, job done!

Edited by adslmax (Thu 21-Aug-14 02:15:17)

(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Aug-14 09:47:20
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

i thought it was only £50 to have a line put in with PN?

Hmm really? They say no? I'd best call them tomorrow. After all there are many businesses out there with more than 1 line, so they are all "illegal"?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Aug-14 10:36:59
Print Post

"so they are all "illegal"?

This suggests they are breaking the law. Maybe it's just company policy.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Aug-14 10:40:05
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

okay so maybe they are breaking such company policy?

virgin call it " illegal" if you have 2 in the same house , which they don't anymore but they used to as I had a lodger who had one and I had to sign a wayleave agreement - but I was told " oh no that's illegal that's got to come out" but agreed they didn't mean in a criminal offence way.

Never in the 3 years I worked there did I see the business team turn someone down for wanting more than 1 line. It's possible things have changed and therefore it's rather sad but i'll call them later and ask. Interesting though.
Standard User Rastus
(committed) Thu 21-Aug-14 11:54:10
Print Post

It certainly seems a bit strange IF any telephone company is actually saying you can't have more than 1 line into a house. I used to have 2 lines - the original, used for normal telephone service, and the second line used for dial-up Internet which was in use most of the time when 'unlimited' dialup became available from a few ISPs.

There are several reasons why someone might want an extra line or more, e.g. alarms, faxes, or dare I say it extra telephones!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 21-Aug-14 12:08:43
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

Or even more broadband bandwidth.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 21-Aug-14 12:21:45
Print Post

Virgin don't do FTTC. AIUI 2 x VM Cable isn't possible as there is only one supply at the street end.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 21-Aug-14 12:25:19
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
The only way to order new line from ex-bt engineer (half price) and (cheaper) ....
Pardon? How would that work unless the engineer has cabinet and/or exchange access? Even then it wouldn't create a PSTN connection.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Aug-14 12:35:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
How would that work unless the engineer has cabinet and/or exchange access? Even then it wouldn't create a PSTN connection.

Yes ex-BTEngineer can do the work. Proof here: http://www.exbtengineers.com/

Edited by adslmax (Thu 21-Aug-14 12:37:01)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to