User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Sat 23-Aug-14 11:15:39
Print Post

PlusNet special offer

[link to this post]

Anyone know when that is likely to end. I have a feeling I saw somebody comment on 24th Aug (tomorrow); but I don't remember where or whether that was at all reliable. PlusNet don't seem to advertise 'Special Offer ending ...' I guess it may well be replaced pretty soon after by some similar incentive anyway ...

--
BT Infinity 2, thinking of moving to PlusNet
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 23-Aug-14 11:27:33
Print Post

Re: PlusNet special offer

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

2nd September is what we list on main site listings and was the date we were told.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 23-Aug-14 11:59:15
Print Post

Plusnet Home Page, click the "Here's the legal bit" button near the bottom left.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Sat 23-Aug-14 12:04:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Excellent, thank you both for quick replies. Gives me another week to dither ...

--
(experienced) Mon 01-Sep-14 10:41:33
Print Post

In case anybody else is also thinking of jumping to PlusNet (I am now in the process of doing so) ...

PlusNet's offer ends tomorrow (as MrSaffron told me earlier in the thread).
Topcashback's good offer ended yesterday.
Quido's good offer had gone before that, but one nearly as good is back (£117 for Unlimited Fibre Extra and £97 for Unlimited Fibre)

--
Standard User InternetUser
(newbie) Mon 01-Sep-14 11:21:55
Print Post

Yes would love to take up this offer but as BT will not provide MAC code (I have called
them) until official e-mail/letter re price increase I can't get out of contract as yet without
penalty.
As the official communication may not happen until October at the latest (according to
there information will be either Septmeber or October) I don't think I can keep an
order pending for that long to retain the current offer.
Just need to hope a new offer is on the table when I eventually do get the e-mail and
MAC code from BT.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Sep-14 11:24:17
Print Post

[re: InternetUser] [link to this post]

I'm guessing BT only have to give 1 months notice so from their perspective it is good business sense to keep people in their contracts as long as possible.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 01-Sep-14 11:30:42
Print Post

I think this should also apply to existing customers doing the same. After all they are being put into the same contract anyway
Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Tue 02-Sep-14 11:49:33
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

A short while ago, as an existing PN customer, I phoned up and asked for a ne w customer "deal" quoted on Uswitch. They said they could better it (and did) as they would not have to pay Uswitch a commission. I am sure that the same principle applies to cashback sites. Give PN a call first and ask for their cancellations team who seemed genuinely helpful.
(experienced) Wed 03-Sep-14 09:44:13
Print Post

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

Well, the special offer has ended and been replaced (surprise, surprise) by one that looks almost identical to me.

--
BT Infinity 2, moving to PlusNet (26th Sept if all goes well)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to