User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 30-Aug-14 00:10:02
Print Post

Not really fair is it..

[link to this post]

I know they could have changed but until now they didn't know how to

Until Jan my parents are on ADSL up to 8Mbps

About 8 months ago their speed dropped to 4mbps from 6.5mbps. I checked the router stats and it was lower. I left it as it works for what they want it for but having just logged in to the portal to change I saw This

Have they been slowed down on purpose? They are paying £7 a month more.

They are changing but I am wondering why the speed on the higher priced package, legacy or not, is slower than on the newer cheaper package. They have been on contract whilst this has been going on (not that contract should have any bearing on speed)

Thanks
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 30-Aug-14 00:26:55
Print Post

Re: Not really fair is it..

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

We would need to see the line stats and try to work out what is going on.

Note that both the left-hand speeds are estimated, whereas at the top of the right-hand one it suggests an actual of 6.5Mbps.

What does their Current line speed say in Connection details >> High speed broadband, and what IP Profile does a BT Wholesale Performance test give in the Further diagnostics?

I suspect a Profile mismatch has happened if they are only seeing 4Mbps actual at the moment.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 30-Aug-14 00:28:21)

(knowledge is power) Sat 30-Aug-14 01:22:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I won't be able to see until i am there Sunday but the stats confirm a 4mbps sync from memory.

He used to get 6.5 his actual max rate is 7.1

They are getting FTTC in Jan anyway but even for now he's happy to sign up to 12 months and get the cheaper price and then 18 months for fibre.

I'll post all this when I can on Sunday for you.

on a side note They are still charging them more than the next door neighbour would get if they signed up. Which I think sucks. They can get U/L BB and phone for £18.45 a month but my dad can only get it for £25.94 a month after he has changed.

NO idea why that is.

Edited by pcoventry76 (Sat 30-Aug-14 01:44:49)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Tue 02-Sep-14 11:52:01
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

If you can get through on the phone, press option 3 and speak nicely to cancellations......

Edited by meldrew (Tue 02-Sep-14 11:52:35)

(knowledge is power) Tue 02-Sep-14 14:11:48
Print Post

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

We was going to change his account on line but it's still more expensive so i was told to cal and we will do tomorrow - thanks for the advice smile
  Print Thread

Jump to