User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Herbalist
(member) Fri 19-Sep-14 13:46:46
Print Post

Plusnet b/band customer, BT line customer?

[link to this post]

Just in case someone knows better than me or anything I can establish on the Plusnet website.

I'm a BT line customer and a Plusnet broadband customer and after BT's announced price rise thought I might shift the line to Plusnet however... It would appear that Plusnet will treat me as an existing customer so I won't get the deal on the phone and broadband package offers. On one level I understand that however, in effect, that may well mean I simply shift both to someone new which I would have thought was not in Plusnet's interest. Anyone know if this is the case (or have a way around the problem)?

I'd ring the phone number however the "current wait times are around 30 mins" made me think that didn't seem a good way to spend half an hour and posting here might be more rewarding smile

TIA
Herby
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Sep-14 14:13:51
Print Post

Re: Plusnet b/band customer, BT line customer?

[re: Herbalist] [link to this post]

You are an existing customer so ordering online will not give you anything special.

However, you may find that ringing retentions would give you a good result as you could say that if you don't get a good deal (like a new customer) then you will be off somewhere else.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Sep-14 14:16:04
Print Post

Call customer options on

0800 013 2632
0330 123 9197

Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
and see what they offer
From my recent experience - today - calling in the morning before 10.00 gets you straight through with no waiting

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Speedchaser
(member) Fri 19-Sep-14 14:24:22
Print Post

Your case is interesting because I switched from BT to Plusnet. In the switchover I had approx. £7.00 credit in BT account. For the last twelve months I have been getting account bills (stating the obvious that I'm £7.00 in credit) from BT, ie. they never closed my account even though I informed them I of the switchover. You have got me thinking that if I ever decide to switch back to BT they would not count me as a new customer!!

Edited by Speedchaser (Fri 19-Sep-14 14:24:44)

Standard User Herbalist
(member) Fri 19-Sep-14 15:00:28
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Thanks all - much appreciated

I'll ring COT in due course (& early too!) and see what I can sort out with them.

Herby
Standard User leej
(member) Fri 19-Sep-14 19:03:42
Print Post

Do you have long left on your Plusnet broadband contract? Maybe you're in a position to negotiate a better phone deal with them?

Edited by leej (Fri 19-Sep-14 19:03:54)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 19-Sep-14 19:53:03
Print Post

I'm not sure whether or not the retentions team work weekends. Maybe someone knows. We don't want you hanging on then getting nowhere for that reason.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Sep-14 20:16:17
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

for future reference this gives all the information http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ under support phone numbers - Customer Options is under Cancellations
Standard User Herbalist
(member) Sat 20-Sep-14 08:23:27
Print Post

[re: leej] [link to this post]

Yes - I need to dig around on that. I think I'm out of contract (it's over a year) but I can't recall if I confirmed that. Synchronising the two aspects may well be another issue anyway - ho hum...

Herby
Standard User Herbalist
(member) Sat 20-Sep-14 08:24:21
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Thanks again - I need to sort out timings for both aspects before I open my mouth to the COT anyway.

Cheers
Herby
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to