User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dizzydimble
(newbie) Mon 20-Oct-14 19:51:41
Print Post

Help Cancellation Email from Plusnet Query

[link to this post]

Hi

Just wondering if I can get a bit of advice. Trying to help my Nan out. About 2 months ago she moved from Plusnet to TalkTalk. In her email today she received 3 mails from Plusnet, 2 advising her email had been closed, which I told her would happen anyway, but she's also received an email stating 'We're emailing you to let you know that as your cancellation request has now been placed. Your cancellation will take place on 27/10/2014".

She is panicking thinking that her line is going to be cut off on the 27th. I've told her that it's probably just plusnet winding the account up and not to worry as her line is controlled by TT now. I've tried to have a look at her old PN account but it's no longer accessible.

If I could get get confirmation from someone here who has experience of or is in the know that it is what I think it is, then that would be great.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Oct-14 14:12:06
Print Post

Re: Help Cancellation Email from Plusnet Query

[re: dizzydimble] [link to this post]

The cancellation will refer to the account not the line
Now the line is with Talk Talk Plusnet can't touch it
If you need a response from staff you will need to identify the account.
The safe and easy way is to provide a ticket number as only staff can identify the account from that
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 21-Oct-14 14:22:26
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
The safe and easy way is to provide a ticket number as only staff can identify the account from that

Not certain how that is achieved when the OP has stated:-
I've tried to have a look at her old PN account but it's no longer accessible.

Regards,
John

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Oct-14 14:30:00
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

One way would have been an email notification of a recent ticket update which includes the ticket number in the title
I had assumed that the notification referred to in the opening post would have generated such an email
ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Tue 21-Oct-14 18:16:06
Print Post

[re: dizzydimble] [link to this post]

Hi there,

As Oldjim rightly says it will most likely relate to the closure of the account as we tend to refer to the discontinuation of the service or cease (which is the more common term) separately.

I'd give our support team a quick call on 0800 432 0200 if you wanted to double check to make sure.

All the best.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to