User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tallseabird
(committed) Wed 22-Oct-14 15:21:41
Print Post

Old Webspace

[link to this post]

I have an old 'subscription only' account with Plusnet which has webspace attached to it, can I have that transferred over to my active Plusnet account?

I'm not a big user of webspace but once in a while I find it useful when trying something out

Thanks
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Oct-14 16:19:29
Print Post

Re: Old Webspace

[re: tallseabird] [link to this post]

I believe PN used to do this but not sure if they do anymore. The rule was people who had webspace on the res side kept it if they had it but new customer's didn't get any. I don't have any

Raise a ticket is all I can suggest on the old account and ask.

Edited by pcoventry76 (Wed 22-Oct-14 16:20:18)

Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Thu 30-Oct-14 17:03:40
Print Post

You might find it is still there if you can remember how to log in to it. I still have some from years ago but with all this cloud stuff and sites like Wordpress it does not seem as much use now as when I had a small website there.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative LinnPlusnet
(isp) Fri 31-Oct-14 11:52:38
Print Post

Hi there,

Did you raise a ticket to our support team abut this? If so, have you received a response yet?

As long as there's webspace on your new active Plusnet account you should be able to move this over yourself.

It would need manually moving. You'd have to download a copy of the site and then re-upload it to an area of webspace on the new account. Please note that the URL for accessing the website etc. would change.

If you don't have webspace with your new Plusnet account then unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to move it over.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Linn Karstrom
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Rastus
(experienced) Fri 31-Oct-14 12:20:49
Print Post

[re: LinnPlusnet] [link to this post]

The way I read the OPs request was that s/he wanted to know if the webspace could be moved over, not a website (or other contents), BICBW. wink
  Print Thread

Jump to