User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zoiciox
(member) Sat 01-Nov-14 10:22:38
Print Post

Total loss of service - Plusnet's apparent lack of action

[link to this post]

I had my mother's phone line and broadband moved over to Plusnet a few months back.

She needs a working phone line as she has an emergency care token that is connected to the line in case she needs help (which she has several times this year).

Logged a ticket, made a call to follow up.

Told that the problem should be fixed by midnight past. No restoration of service by 10am this morning - also no update on the ticket.

It appears that when you report something like a total loss of service to Plusnet that they think the magic fairies will restore service overnight (yeah, right) and THEN they ask you to do the faceplate shuffle to test the internal line etc. As I told them very clearly the line is dead (no dialtone) and cannot be rang (goes to dead/problem two-tone).

It's imperative that my mother at least as a working landline in case of difficulties.

Clearly the problem isn't with anything interior to my mother's property.

What has plusnet done to help - well, according to the ticket - nothing. If this is the case it's disgracefully contemptuous of customers. I hope this is not the case.

The tickets are 93896771 and 93897221.

EDIT: plusnet could have actually told me about the MSO that apparently existing at her exchange rather than me chasing up a couple of time to find out! the MSO however it not reported on other sources (MSO Checker, BT Business Service Status and others)...

zoiciox

Edited by zoiciox (Sat 01-Nov-14 14:28:43)

Standard User brightd
(experienced) Sat 01-Nov-14 10:39:49
Print Post

Re: Total loss of service - Plusnet's apparent lack of actio

[re: zoiciox] [link to this post]

So have you telephoned them and spoken to someone? Their help desk is open 24 hours.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Sat 01-Nov-14 11:01:19
Print Post

[re: zoiciox] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zoiciox:
.....and THEN they ask you to do the faceplate shuffle to test the internal line etc. As I told them very clearly the line is dead (no dialtone) and cannot be rang (goes to dead/problem two-tone).

So have you actually checked for dial tone in the test socket, (behind the face plate)?

I had an identical problem a few weeks ago when, after some bad weather, my faceplate went duff. (Funnily enough I still had broadband, after a fashion)

Edited by Stevenage_Neil (Sat 01-Nov-14 11:07:13)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Nov-14 11:12:44
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stevenage_Neil:
So have you actually checked for dial tone in the test socket, (behind the face plate)?

OP did say that the line didn't ring when called so it seems like a line fault, however posting on here is not the way to go about getting an urgent matter resolved; either phone or post in the Home Phone section of the Community Forum, where Plusnet reps are responding right now.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Edited by kasg (Sat 01-Nov-14 11:13:38)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 01-Nov-14 11:17:39
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Old phone with duff microfilter could cause don't ring issue.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Sat 01-Nov-14 11:30:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by kasg:
OP did say that the line didn't ring when called so it seems like a line fault.......

.....and I wrote it was an identical problem.........
Standard User flippery
(committed) Sat 01-Nov-14 12:54:56
Print Post

OP did say that the line didn't ring when called so it seems like a line fault, however posting on here is not the way to go about getting an urgent matter resolved; either phone or post in the Home Phone section of the Community Forum, where Plusnet reps are responding right now.

Nor does this.
In cases such as above, wher phone is essential care. Regular check and customer update would not go amiss.
Problem is customer has to follow up. Not acceptable in my opinion.
Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Sat 01-Nov-14 13:07:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

It is surprising how often the micro filters can be the root of the problem which is why using the test socket is sensible first aid. However if you have a MK2 or MK3 faceplate that should be removed to reveal the original test socket.

Replacement MK2 faceplates can be purchased for less than £10. While waiting for it to be delivered an ADSL filter can be plugged into the test socket to maintain your phone and internet service.

Of course if there is no dialling tone on the line from the test, socket get onto your voice line provider to get it sorted.
Standard User zoiciox
(member) Sat 01-Nov-14 13:30:07
Print Post

Thank you.

The line is dead. No dialtone from test socket, no broadband. A total loss of service.

The number cannot be rang - it clicks and goes to the two-tone signal.

As plusnet have failed to follow up on the tickets - posting here was a last resort.

I very much suspect this is a plus.net issue as opening this service with them has been plagued with problems...

zoiciox

Edited by zoiciox (Sat 01-Nov-14 13:34:52)

Standard User zoiciox
(member) Sat 01-Nov-14 13:31:30
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

It is surprising how often the micro filters can be the root of the problem which is why using the test socket is sensible first aid. However if you have a MK2 or MK3 faceplate that should be removed to reveal the original test socket.

Replacement MK2 faceplates can be purchased for less than £10. While waiting for it to be delivered an ADSL filter can be plugged into the test socket to maintain your phone and internet service.

Of course if there is no dialling tone on the line from the test, socket get onto your voice line provider to get it sorted.

Yes, which is...... plus.net!

(thankful for some technical info though)

zoiciox
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to