User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Noiz
(experienced) Wed 26-Nov-14 13:38:24
Print Post

Install date pushed back due to Plusnet error. :(

[link to this post]

Long story short, we were living abroad for the last 3 years and have been letting our house out while we were gone. Now that we're back, the tenant is moving out on Friday and we're moving back in over the weekend.

Keen to get online asap, I ordered a Plusnet fibre connection in what I thought was plenty of time on the 15th of November, with a requested install date of the 3rd or 4th of December. The ordering system told me that I'd be provisioned with a new number as they were unable to port the existing Sky managed line, which I was fine with as the number had changed since we left anyway. I heard nothing further and assumed the order was progressing normally until the 24th, when I got an email saying that they couldn't port the old number (I know) and would I be OK with a new one?! Surely I confirmed this when I signed up?

I immediately replied saying yes that's fine, mentioning that I'd agreed to the same when I signed up, and would this delay my order at all? (I also noticed a previous comment from the 18th mentioning that there was an issue with the order, but unfortunately I wasn't notified of that one.) I had no acknowledgement of my question but a further (internal) comment appeared 2 days later saying that an ADSL order had been placed in error (by them) and requesting that it be cancelled and a fibre order be placed instead. This was followed shortly by an email informing me that my number transfer (with a new number listed) would take place on the 10th!

Does this mean that the line itself won't be provisioned until then and instead of a manageable 5 days without any Internet, it'll now be 12?

Really not the best start to my relationship with Plusnet. Hoping for some good news here but can't imagine there is any... frown
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 26-Nov-14 14:05:35
Print Post

Re: Install date pushed back due to Plusnet error. :(

[re: Noiz] [link to this post]

Doesn't sound good frown. Is there anything showing on your order history or texts received re the fibre order?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User Noiz
(experienced) Wed 26-Nov-14 15:23:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No, nothing. This is so frustrating! I had some things lined up to tide us over till the 3rd, and obviously we'll be busy moving over the weekend, but another week is really pushing it.

Guess I'll be calling up tonight to see if there's anything they can do, but it seems unlikely.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 26-Nov-14 16:12:54
Print Post

Odd that there isn't a fibre order frown. It's possible somebody failed to order a SIM Provide and the fibre order won't be put in until the line is up and running.

If you haven't already registered on the Community Forums, I suggest you do so ASAP and give a short resume of the position. The reps visit there more often than here, and you need their intervention. First-line support isn't going to be any use.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User Noiz
(experienced) Wed 26-Nov-14 17:44:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks, have raised the issue there. An active forum presence is one of the reasons I chose Plusnet, so fingers crossed that pays off!
ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Thu 27-Nov-14 13:10:03
Print Post

Hi Noiz and I'm sorry we weren't able to pick up your post via here yesterday.

FYI I've dropped a further reply to your post over on Community and another update to your ticket.

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1343...

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email

Edited by thatadamwalker (Thu 27-Nov-14 13:12:05)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Wed 03-Dec-14 01:00:02
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

what a mess

SKY FTTC - 40/10
My Ping
  Print Thread

Jump to