User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Sun 30-Nov-14 12:42:25
Print Post

Anyone else lost their connection?

[link to this post]

Anyone else lost their connection? Mine went about 10am along with several other people I know in town. Tried 3 different modems just to make sure it isn't me. Noticed that I have a totally different IP Address than normal even though I paid for a static one.

EDIT: a phonecall to Plusnet has a recorded message about a major service outage!

-------------------------------------------
PlusNet ADSL2+ Unlimited.
Speedtest

Edited by WelshWArrior (Sun 30-Nov-14 12:43:26)

Standard User TLM
(legend) Sun 30-Nov-14 12:56:23
Print Post

Re: Anyone else lost their connection?

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

And it's back!

However, I must say I got loads more done this morning than I would on a typical Sunday morning, so perhaps it should do this every week!

T.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Sun 30-Nov-14 12:56:35
Print Post

Yes, this is what it says on their website, it is a pity that they do not give more details. I do wonder why this information is not available.

Still, one new modern invention are (Android) mobile phone hotspots. Really easy to get to work, unlike the bluetooth facility on my Symbian phone.

"
30/11/2014 @ 10:38

Earlier this morning we became aware of a problem resulting in some of our customers not being able to establish a connection to the Internet.

Our network engineers are currently investigating this.

If you are struggling , to connect to the Internet then please try powering off your router for 1 hour before powering it back up and attempting to re-establish a connection to the Internet. If you continue to have trouble connecting try the following link which you can access from your mobile phone - http://www.plus.net/reconnect

We'll provide another update later this afternoon.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Luke Sanderson
Customer Relations"

Michael Chare

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Sun 30-Nov-14 12:57:17
Print Post

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

hahaha me too - the wife's been nagging me for days to give her a hand tidying the house. I had no excuse not to this morning!!!

-------------------------------------------
PlusNet ADSL2+ Unlimited.
Speedtest
Standard User zom22
(member) Sun 30-Nov-14 13:14:33
Print Post

The plusnet forums will be going into meltdown.
Make you wonder how most of the posters would manage in something really catastrophic happened in their lives.
Standard User TLM
(legend) Sun 30-Nov-14 13:22:08
Print Post

[re: zom22] [link to this post]

True.

I must admit, I did miss it. But my only real concern was: "Is it everyone, or just me?" I did phone the service line, but when I got the recorded message about a major outage, I was actually pleased, as it meant I wouldn't be spending the afternoon switching routers, and having to go through the ticketing wizard, to prove it wasn't my kit.

When I knew it was everyone - or a lot of people, anyway - I thought: "Fine, it's back when it's back."

T.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 30-Nov-14 13:51:44
Print Post

From the usage graphs it looks like 200k-240k users disconnected. Looks like most of the bng series gateways again frown. The rest OK.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Nov-14 14:02:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
From the usage graphs it looks like 200k-240k users disconnected. Looks like most of the bng series gateways again frown. The rest OK.

Quite. Yet they keep deploying them.
Standard User philippercival
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Nov-14 16:20:57
Print Post

We lost it as well for about half an hour. In the recorded message it stated that it was a major outage and that call times were about 45 minutes. I left the call connected for 37 minutes with no answer then noticed it was back.

We live in an are where voice calls on a mobile are often dropped and 3G is useless (this does not stop our mobile provider trying to sell us a 4G phone) so following their advice of checking out their website was impossible.

More and more I notice help and diagnostic systems tell you to connect to the internet for more information. This is particularly annoying when it is a connection problem you are trying to find out more about.

http://speedtest.net/result/2459383290.png

Solar Results
2013 3521kwh   2014 3208kwh (so far)
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Nov-14 16:49:20
Print Post

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

From my BQM it looks like I was down from about 1030 to 1245. I was out the whole time so didn't know about it until I saw this.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Edited by kasg (Sun 30-Nov-14 17:33:05)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to