User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User datafreak
(learned) Thu 11-Dec-14 15:12:19
Print Post

New FTTC Provision after house move

[link to this post]

I have a bit of a strange issue with a new FTTC provision.

After an amicable breakup with my ex-partner I moved my phone and FTTC service (provided by Plusnet) to my new property. I then helped her setup a new account with Plusnet.

After the phone line was activated she was told FTTC was not available citing capacity problems at the exchange and was put on ADSL.

However – here’s the kicker she had been told to check when FTTC is avaible on dslchecker.bt.com if she does this FTTC provisions do not show up.
dslchecker.bt.com shows “Telephone Number xxx on Exchange XXX” without citing a cabinet number. If I check my parents number which is on the same cabinet it shows FTTC offerings as well as the cabinet number.

The new phone number is just over a month old now. Could it be the records have not been updated correctly or just that there really is capacity problems at the exchange?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Dec-14 15:33:45
Print Post

Re: New FTTC Provision after house move

[re: datafreak] [link to this post]

Try with the full address checker. That should confirm if it is a capacity issue. It is likely the phone number hasn't been updated in the records.
Standard User datafreak
(learned) Thu 11-Dec-14 15:38:12
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

The full address checker shows the cabinet number and FTTC as available.

The new number has been active since the 7th November.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Dec-14 15:40:41
Print Post

It's the database. Someone on here will probably be happy to post a link to this on the PlusNet forum to get the attention of someone there as to a database error (I'm guessing RobertoS will be the first to see and action).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 11-Dec-14 16:34:31
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Heh!

But the OP is with Plusnet so would be well advised to post over there about it. Without needing to refer back to here.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.4/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Thu 11-Dec-14 16:38:13
Print Post

If there is an estimate and availability showing using the full address then we should be able to place an order. Did your ex-partner sign up online with us? If so do you know if an account was created?

Hmm, unfortunately it appears I was incorrect. I just started the order process to check that I could indeed do it but the availability is based on the phone number and not the postcode and address. Therefore we'll need to chase up our suppliers regarding the availability, this is with our provisioning team.

Sorry it's no more positive news, but at the moment we're not able to follow through the order process.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email

Edited by chrisparr (Thu 11-Dec-14 17:00:46)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User datafreak
(learned) Thu 11-Dec-14 16:40:15
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Hi,

Yes I helped her create an account, will PM you her username/ticket.
Standard User datafreak
(learned) Thu 11-Dec-14 17:11:50
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Thanks for the edit,

If a phone number that is on the same street and connected to the same cab allows the signup process would this indicate a problem with the database for my ex-partners new number rather than the availability of FTTC? As I mentioned in the initial post the dsl checker does not show a cabinet number for her new number.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Dec-14 08:31:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, missed that - but seems PlusNet are on the case now - the problem with "new" numbers and the dreaded database updates (or lack of).
Standard User datafreak
(learned) Tue 30-Dec-14 18:56:43
Print Post

Still no further with this and it seems Plusnet don't want to know.

Can Openreach be approached directly with database issues like this or can only a service provider get them to update it?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to