User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Tue 16-Dec-14 14:33:05
Print Post

PlusNet so lazy it's untrue

[link to this post]

Looking at openreach site today
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
and it says i have option to upgrade to Fibe now so i ring PlusNet and they say their system so no and that's as far as it would go, would not look into contacting openreach or not even pass to a manager, shocking bad service, would not have it thay their system may be out of date.

Will if i am enabled you won't be getting my money PlusNet pull your finger out and help the customer a bit.

All1
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Tue 16-Dec-14 14:41:56
Print Post

Re: PlusNet so lazy it's untrue

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

This is where you need to check as that is the bible as far as being able to place a fibre order https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 16-Dec-14 14:48:06
Print Post

Hi there,

Until the BT DSL checker shows that fibre is available we aren't able to place an order. What does http://dslchecker.bt.com/ show?

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 16-Dec-14 15:17:26
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Just another thought, did you check on postcode or phone number?

The postcode will probably just tell you the exchange is accepting orders but until your cabinet is active we can't place one.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 16-Dec-14 16:20:01
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

The new OR one takes the postcode and then offers you the address as a sub option.

But would still agree that the BT Wholesale checker is the best to use, plus it gives the speed ranges.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Dec-14 16:38:54
Print Post

Yours is the third or fourth I've seen in the last few days where the "Where & When" is apparently telling people their cabinet is enabled, when according to the BT Wholesale checker, it isn't.

As others have said, if the BT Wholesale one says no, there is nothing a BT Wholesale using ISP can do.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.1/14.8Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
  Print Thread

Jump to