User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rob54
(committed) Tue 06-Jan-15 23:12:00
Print Post

Email from Plusnet offering me Unlimited BB @ £6.50/m

[link to this post]

Just had an email today from Plusnet offering Unlimited Broadband for £6.50/m instead of the usual £9.99/m. You have to have their phone (which I have anyway) and a new 12 month contract (obviously). Anyone else get this offer or some other sort of offer?

A a couple of months back I had an offer of half price BB if I took Anytime Call Plan at £5/m. I didn't take that up.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WIndows 7 SP1, Plusnet Unlimited ADSL (ex-o2 Broadband Standard), Norton Internet Security (came as trial with new PC),
Website & email hosting & domain name provider - www.tsohost.co.uk
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Wed 07-Jan-15 08:03:30
Print Post

Re: Email from Plusnet offering me Unlimited BB @ £6.50/m

[re: rob54] [link to this post]

No such offer here, at least not yet. However, I am leaving PlusNet for BT to get FTTP that PlusNet wanted over £3k in excess construction charges that BT have waived.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Jan-15 13:30:40
Print Post

I got an email offer for £3.49 a month off if I took out a new 18-month fibre contract, which I gladly did. Even if you don't get an email, it's always worth asking if you are near the end of your contract.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Jan-15 13:33:30
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brightd:
I am leaving PlusNet for BT to get FTTP that PlusNet wanted over £3k in excess construction charges that BT have waived.

FTTP on-demand? Charges completely waived or reduced? I now have FTTPOD available but haven't dared ask how much it would cost.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User TheEulerID
(member) Wed 07-Jan-15 14:02:33
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Something doesn't ring true here. Openreach have to provide the same service to all ISPs, If it's FTTPoD, then there is no way a retailer will absorb the cost. However, if you have FTTP available, then that's a different issue. I'm not even sure PlusNet off an FTTP service any more (the used to have it as a trial).

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/09/next-pl...
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Wed 07-Jan-15 14:29:28
Print Post

[re: TheEulerID] [link to this post]

This is native FTTP.
Openreach installed the manifold in a new pavement chamber 12m from my front door on the other is of the road.
As our copper is in armoured cable there is no ducting and Openreach quoted £4100 to complete the installation of which they would cover £1000 and the rest to be paid by the ISP.
PlusNet wanted to pass this on to me last March to switch from ADSL to their FTTP trial. So I cancelled that order and ordered from BT Retail in May.
BT Retail are absorbing the charges and the latest date that I have for installation is 19th January with the roadworks scheduled for 15th January. Others on the other side of the road are already installed through new ducting in the footpath.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Jan-15 17:06:37
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
I got an email offer for £3.49 a month off if I took out a new 18-month fibre contract, which I gladly did. Even if you don't get an email, it's always worth asking if you are near the end of your contract.

I wonder what sort of offer I might get once the 24 month ADSL1 contract via the COT ends in October (BB+Phone) if they offered you fibre at that price. I can only get ADSL1 as the exchange is still 20CN and the connection is direct to it/EO?

plusnet user
Standard User bsanotrun
(regular) Wed 07-Jan-15 23:22:42
Print Post

well the offer on the website is £2.50 a month with phone line of £15.95 (or less is you pay 12months in advance)
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/
this is what i got off them 3 months ago after ringing retentions and agreeing to a new contract.
all you have to say is you are thinking of moving to talk/sky as they are cheaper.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Jan-15 11:55:46
Print Post

[re: bsanotrun] [link to this post]

With regard to the current offer I see the monthly cost for the UL BB part of the bundle for those not in a "low cost area" is reduced from £17.49 to £10.00 a month for the 12 month contract. smile

plusnet user
  Print Thread

Jump to