User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User poggs
(regular) Mon 02-Feb-15 14:39:16
Print Post

Charges for remaining contract question

[link to this post]

I'm on plus net adsl2 on a 24 month contract at 7.99 a month plus phone line rental which runs out in December.

Anyway BT openreach have at last got around to supplying fibre to my home at 38mb.

I checked with plus.net and they will not do any sort of deal owning to my contract including starting a new 18 month one etc and state that fibre will cost me £23.99 a month plus line rental.

So my question is. If I cancel my contract with plus and jump elsewhere, will I only pay 10 * 7.99 a month cancellation to pay up the rest of my contract, or will I get stung with some other charges not advertised anywhere?

Temped to jump as I can get fibre for 12.99 with 125 cash back, 50 sainsbuys card and free BT sport! Not to mention the fibre speed increase!
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Feb-15 15:06:08
Print Post

Re: Charges for remaining contract question

[re: poggs] [link to this post]

the quick way is to see what this says about your cancellation charges https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_s...
Standard User think26872
(committed) Mon 02-Feb-15 20:34:13
Print Post

It may be worth another try. When I upgraded to Fibre (that is what I said an upgrade) I did not need to pay any cancellation fees I just needed to sign up for another 18m and my previous contract was written off. If you get prompted say you want to leave and choose the appropriate menu number key. I thought the usual cost is £14.99+plusnet line rental for the 40/20 package. No idea where the £23.99 comes from. Plusnet also have 20Mb uploads on the 40Mb package if your line supports it. They will not match the BT offer but I would hope they would try to keep you as a customer. You need to weigh up pros and cons against Plusnet and BT.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User poggs
(regular) Tue 03-Feb-15 06:01:26
Print Post

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

Thanks,

I checked the cancellation page and apparently I'm paying 16.99 a month with a £9 a month discount. So cancellation is £169.99

I phoned plusnet again and tried the cancellation part.

Again I was told that 38mb unlimited fibre in my area, a non low cost one, is £23.99. I could upgrade the rest of my contract to that £23.99 but would lose the £9 a month discount. There was no chance of a new contract and writing off the old one.

All prices don't include the line rental at 15.99.

AS im on adsl2 just now at 13mb, I think I'll just hold fire until the contract dies in december.
Standard User 961a
(newbie) Tue 03-Feb-15 09:37:01
Print Post

Do Plusnet customers still have ability to add BT Sport for a reduced fee?
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Feb-15 09:51:42
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 961a:
Do Plusnet customers still have ability to add BT Sport for a reduced fee?

First hit on Google:

https://www.plus.net/tv/btsport/

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 60000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
  Print Thread

Jump to