User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dusty_bin
(experienced) Fri 06-Feb-15 17:56:01
Print Post

Fibre Trial - what happens if you change product?

[link to this post]

I was quite sure that those on the fibre trial were able to keep this add-on to their ADSL account indefinitely. I was considering changing from my BBYW to a current ADSL/phone product, but I am being told that I would lose the fibre speeds unless I upgrade to a current fibre product.

Does anyone here know whether this is correct or not? If it is, I guess I just stay on BBYW...

Thanks
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 06-Feb-15 18:18:03
Print Post

Re: Fibre Trial - what happens if you change product?

[re: dusty_bin] [link to this post]

Correct in one way, incorrect in another. Correct as you have stayed on it, but incorrect because you now wish to change to a current product. So the concession lapses, and unless you get a deal you will start a new 18-month term for both FTTC and line.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.2/15.3Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 06-Feb-15 18:18:37)

Standard User dusty_bin
(experienced) Fri 06-Feb-15 18:57:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

OK - thanks. Must have been my bad memory, as I thought it was based on it not being worth the expense of having O/R convert it back.
Oh well, I'll stick with what I've got.

Thanks again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 06-Feb-15 19:15:51
Print Post

You might get some sort of deal if you speak to Retentions and can put up a good case smile. People on much more recent stuff than you seem to manage getting the "New Customer" pricing and the like if they do sign up to the new minimum term without changing product.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.2/15.3Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Feb-15 20:11:46
Print Post

How much are you paying and are you on a Market 1 or a Market 2/3 exchange?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User dusty_bin
(experienced) Sat 07-Feb-15 09:38:05
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Market 1 (Hitchin). I'm paying 9.99 for 15Gb/month, so I can't really complain. The only times I've gone over is when my NTP Pool server was ddos'd and when we downloaded Garmin map update during the day. Since my BT line rental saver had come to an end, I was wondering what I could get as combined BB+phone.
Base on the answers, I don't think it is worth changing unless we join Netflix or Amazon films.
Thanks for your help.
  Print Thread

Jump to