User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Sat 07-Feb-15 15:01:43
Print Post

PlusNet email duplication

[link to this post]

For the second time in a couple of weeks the PlusNet mail server has downloaded a few days emails despite the fact that they were previously downloaded and most of them were deleted locally. Those that had not been deleted locally are now duplicated. Has anyone else seen the same?

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 07-Feb-15 15:11:31
Print Post

Re: PlusNet email duplication

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

System status emails or normal emails?

Status emails are fine here, and I wouldn't dream of using any ISP's email for normal stuff so don't know.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.2/15.3Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Sat 07-Feb-15 15:21:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Normal emails. I understand the situation with ISP mail servers but have had little problem with PlusNet in the past 12 years. However, as I am about to leave PlusNet shortly to allow me to get FTTP at a reasonable price I will be migrating to an independent supplier probably starting on that tomorrow.

David

DrayTek Vigor 2830n

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-Feb-15 16:39:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by brightd:
Normal emails. I understand the situation with ISP mail servers but have had little problem with PlusNet in the past 12 years. However, as I am about to leave PlusNet shortly to allow me to get FTTP at a reasonable price I will be migrating to an independent supplier probably starting on that tomorrow.

Sounds as if you're using POP3 and relying on UIDL which has become problematic in large POP3 clusters. Using a different email platform from your ISP is always a good move.

FTTP sounds nice, which ISP are you going with?

plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Sat 07-Feb-15 16:47:03
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I am going with BT retail as that seems the only way to get the ducting installed from the chamber on the other side of the road to my and the rest of the houses in our close without paying large sums of money. Our current copper is in armoured cable so there is no current ducting. PlusNet wanted to pass £3100 of excess construction charges on to me. Now, 9 months after ordering, the ducting was finally finished today but they have not done everything that they were claiming that they were going to charge me for.

David

DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-Feb-15 17:37:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by brightd:
I am going with BT retail as that seems the only way to get the ducting installed from the chamber on the other side of the road to my and the rest of the houses in our close without paying large sums of money. Our current copper is in armoured cable so there is no current ducting. PlusNet wanted to pass £3100 of excess construction charges on to me. Now, 9 months after ordering, the ducting was finally finished today but they have not done everything that they were claiming that they were going to charge me for.

Ahh, yes I remember your previous posts. Good luck with BT - I had no issues with Infinity FTTC but PN FTTC was cheaper and static IP option. No FTTP around here, would be good as my line has a lot of joints which limits my upload.

plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
  Print Thread

Jump to