User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Skilty
(learned) Tue 24-Feb-15 13:29:46
Print Post

Cancellation Fees

[link to this post]

So I spoke to plusNet today regarding cancellation fees for my Fibre Unlimited Extra and get told I have to pay £14.20 per month for the remainder of my contract.

It is made up of £6.30 for broadband (which is fair enough) and then another £7.90 for the phone (I have been with them since May 2013 and renewed in August 2014).

Originally the customer representative told me the £7.90 was for my call package, I queried it and he went away to find out. The issue for me is that I was not made aware of this at the time and plusNet seem unable to pull a tape of the recording when I was re-signed so where do I stand?

Cheers

Skilty

plusnet Unlimited Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 72.76/17.56Mbps
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Feb-15 13:52:09
Print Post

Re: Cancellation Fees

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

If you are on the Anytime phone package, then the termination charges match those listed here.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 66000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Skilty
(learned) Tue 24-Feb-15 14:01:31
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
If you are on the Anytime phone package, then the termination charges match those listed here.

Indeed but as the contract was renewed on the phone the sales representative should have mentioned the cost for the phone line because during the conversation I said it is £6.30 early termination charges, correct said the sales person not mentioning the added £7.90.

So I would like to hear the tape where the sales person stated £6.30+£7.90 p/m to cancel early.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Feb-15 14:06:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by Skilty:
Indeed but as the contract was renewed on the phone the sales representative should have mentioned the cost for the phone line because during the conversation I said it is £6.30 early termination charges, correct said the sales person not mentioning the added £7.90.

Agreed, if one was mentioned, so should the other have been.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Feb-15 18:00:31
Print Post

It should tell u how much to pay total cost if cancel early under plusnet member account under account summary. Mine is here for example below:

22/04/2014 - Plusnet Unlimited Fibre £155.40(upon cancellation)
Standard User Skilty
(learned) Wed 25-Feb-15 08:51:14
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Yes it does, funny enough mine said £40 until I actually spoke to someone cancellations then it jumped to £170.40 after the call except in the help ticket it stated £201.

My issue is that the sales guy on renewal did not state that it was over £14 to cancel early he confirmed the £6.30 a month figure I mentioned.

Hey ho guess I am with plusNet for a few months longer than I thought I would be.

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Feb-15 12:51:25
Print Post

Dare I ask why you are leaving? Just curious.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User Skilty
(learned) Wed 25-Feb-15 16:57:55
Print Post

Internet is feeling slower at various times of the day. My SamKnows box is reporting that my speed has gone from 70MBs down to 59MBs down and my line is now graded at 60.8, it was higher when I started. That is what it is, if it is the copper then there is nothing that can be done anyway.

I asked for my line to be moved as it was hanging over a neighbours property and their builders were continually stepping on it, knocking it and god knows what else. Rang plusNet to ask to have the line moved to the front of our property, paid £160 for the privilege (fair enough) but I specifically asked on three phone calls that I wanted the cable replaced rather than spliced if it wasn't long enough. "Yes I have put a note on the file, they can do that". First time the engineer was a no show. Kelly Communications couldn't replace the cable, they aren't allowed to touch the wiring on the pole. I was told via support ticket that replacing the cable is £130.

So it is a culmination of various irritations that makes me want to leave and head on over to Zen and pay a little more.

Edited by Skilty (Wed 25-Feb-15 17:14:37)

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Feb-15 19:16:03
Print Post

OK, well good luck. As you say, it is unlikely to make much difference to speeds, although like others on Plusnet, I seem to be suffering from reduced speeds of late, I am now losing at least 10Mbps off my sync speed/profile as opposed to the 2Mbps or so I used to lose. Maybe I'll try a gateway hop (currently on ptw-ag04).

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 25-Feb-15 20:14:24
Print Post

Look at this speed test a couple of ours ago. frown 58.07Mbps IP Profile, 58Mbps PN line speed. 17Mbps upstream sync.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 60.0/17.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to