User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User juzzy25
(member) Tue 24-Mar-15 16:11:12
Print Post

Broadband Line Active, can't login....

[link to this post]

I'm due to activate on ADSL2+ with Plus Net on Thursday 26th March,

I plugged in my router to see if it activated early and according to my router lights and the its stats, it's got an active link but for some reason even with my correct login details I can't seem to get the connection up and running.

Once the line is active I presume, you log in and you're away or do BT have to do any extra work once the broadband link to the exchange is done.

Support are sticking to the activation date script so getting no luck out of them, can anyone help?

EE 4G for now, and Plus Net soon...
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 24-Mar-15 16:15:55
Print Post

Re: Broadband Line Active, can't login....

[re: juzzy25] [link to this post]

PM me your username and I'll have a look.
I will have that if I activate your broadband today that'll be when the billing starts from, but we can't look into any potential faults until the advised delivery date of the 26th.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-Mar-15 16:46:47
Print Post

Chris is looking into it, but normally your account at Plusnet isn't activated until they receive a notification from BT Wholesale (or maybe Openreach) that the circuit is complete.

You have got the login username right? Ending in @plusdsl.net?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Mar-15 17:03:38
Print Post

Did you migrate from another ISP? Perhaps you are still connected to them and your old creds will still work.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User juzzy25
(member) Tue 24-Mar-15 22:20:40
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I have to keep thanking this forum, it's been very helpful with any questions, it's such a valuable resource with all that's going on with everything getting connected.

I'll PM Chris with my username once I'm back home and I can take it from there but I didn't know there was a handover, maybe I was a bit quick to post and chase support without knowing the full story and should've done a proper search on activation day.

In answer the migration question, it's a fresh install of landline, that also went active early, and broadband service.

EE 4G for now, and Plus Net soon...
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 25-Mar-15 09:42:19
Print Post

Looks like the order completed around 8am this morning. Everything is active now so you should be able to get online.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to