User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Mar-15 17:16:39
Print Post

Plusnet in meltdown?

[link to this post]

Note a thread asking is PN's speeds were in meltdown, but I wonder if PN is back to the bad old days and going into meltdown.

Raised a ticket and it said aim to reply in 24 hours, 4 days later still waiting.

Tell me I need an engineer to the premises, I agree, then an email tells me that if the fault is in the house it will cost me £60, no mention of this when I was talking to them on the phone.

Raise a complaint and it seems to have got lost.

Feels like the bad old days and after I have told many people to sign up with them. But after this what's the best good price provider that can deal with customers in a sensible and prompt way?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 30-Mar-15 17:35:37
Print Post

Re: Plusnet in meltdown?

[re: RogN] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RogN:
... But after this what's the best good price provider that can deal with customers in a sensible and prompt way?
Probably not the best forum to ask that tongue smile.

Sky, from what I see on here. If you can manage on 50GB then maybe AAISP.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Mon 30-Mar-15 18:08:32
Print Post

Raised a ticket and it said aim to reply in 24 hours, 4 days later still waiting.

Plusnet will be very busy at the moment due to issues with G.INP being applied on line and reducing users speeds as BT Openreach have made a bit of a balls up.

Theirs forums are flooded with speeds complaints and most those complaints have tickets attached to them.

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 4200/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3 - BQM IPv4
Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Mar-15 19:33:25
Print Post

They say a new broom sweeps ................ ? tongue

http://community.plus.net/blog/2013/12/02/plusnet-ap...

Shirley "Which" don't need to go to Specsavers ? tongue

http://community.plus.net/blog/2015/03/25/plusnet-wi...

Fortunately I have no problems with PN at this moment in time smile [everything crossed smiley]

plusnet user
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Mar-15 22:59:11
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Problem is that it is when you do have a problem that you discover how bad they are. I have been commending them, but then having a problem has changed all that for ever.
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Tue 31-Mar-15 00:07:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Their new packages offer 100GB anytime.

Talktalk Business - 80/20

TTB speedtest
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Tue 31-Mar-15 00:23:25
Print Post

Problem is that it is when you do have a problem that you discover how bad they are. I have been commending them, but then having a problem has changed all that for ever.

Yes, I'm also starting to feel a bit insecure regarding my provider and have put all plans for transferring a further 3 ADSL & 1 FTTC line on hold until further notice due to issues with capacity and constant requirement to reset PPP session to jump from jumpy Gateways.

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 4200/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3 - BQM IPv4
Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-Mar-15 00:43:53
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

But talk talk have a worse record than PN with customer relations and how they deal with problems. My brother rued the day he signed for TT.
Standard User RogN
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-Mar-15 00:46:35
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

That was two weeks ago that I was waiting
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 31-Mar-15 00:49:22
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

As I've said two or three times, when and since the new CEO was appointed, something is going to give. It looks as though it just did.

It's a bit hard for me to tell, because as well as the downstream being all over the place my upstream seems to have halved on tbb speed test since regaining my connection with G.INP applied. Fine on BT Wholesale test, as is the downstream. Also fine on speedtest.net.

I think the single-stream tbb protocol on the unusual port may be getting hit by the traffic management, when it used to be going through with no trouble.

Re the BT Wholesale test, I've had two or three tests today at around 55Mbps. (IP Profile 58.01 and sync 60,000). But my PN Current line speed has been stuck at 46.6Mbps due to connections around 49Mbps when the modem firmware was out of date and couldn't handle the G.INP.

So how did I get high speeds on the BT Test, 10Mbps greater than my Current line speed? It has to be by-passing that limiter, so what else does it bypass?

/me smells a rat.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to