User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Apr-15 19:19:34
Print Post

Does PlusNet port provide a line speed history?

[link to this post]

100 miles from a sister who is a technophobe and have found connection speed in the PlusNet port a mere 0.2 Mbps (and of course she has no idea of the username/password) to access router and check there.

So is there anywhere in the PlusNet member centre that shows connection speed (IP profile setting over time)

Long call started off with iTunes store will not load...

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Apr-15 19:47:03
Print Post

Re: Does PlusNet port provide a line speed history?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

nope - you would need to raise a ticket
the Plusnet site does give the access codes for the router http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Apr-15 19:49:38
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Is an old bt voyager which had settings changed many years ago. So ones in account are not much use.

Time for new router really

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Apr-15 20:45:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Is an old bt voyager which had settings changed many years ago. So ones in account are not much use.

Time for new router really

I got one of those when I signed up to Madasafish in 2006, before 2005 only dial-up was available smile

plusnet user
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 12-Apr-15 20:48:17
Print Post

Can you get her to obtain the IP Profile?

There is also the Plusnet Current line speed which should be a fraction below the IP Profile, (but only updated a few times a day not in real-time). Occasionally the update fails and it can be much lower if there has been a low-sync period. That needs a support person to correct it.

Ideally we/you need to see both.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Apr-15 20:57:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They remembered password and was just 448 Kbps downstream on 33dB attenuation. A restart pushed it to 576 Kbps down and 768 Kbps up

Phones works, might just get up to upgrade to fibre as a way to get new hardware that is a bit more modern and remove a chunk of line from equation

Apparently iplayer has buffered a lot for a while, she just asumed iplayer was busy

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 12-Apr-15 21:05:02
Print Post

Are you sure those are the right way round? And one pre-restart figure is missing.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 12-Apr-15 21:10:47
Print Post

Kitz has a list of BT Voyager's available on this page. If she can manage to do a factory reset, a few of them look to be fairly easy to get to the stats.

(Danger - does she still know her Plusnet B/B login and password?)

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 12-Apr-15 21:11:49)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Apr-15 22:28:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The joy of dealing with someone who has no comprehension of what is good or bad. Ie I get fragments

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Apr-15 00:38:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
was just 448 Kbps downstream on 33dB attenuation. A restart pushed it to 576 Kbps down and 768 Kbps up
What is the NM?

She should be syncing at about 13 Meg. The reason she is not is that PN has put her on a banded profile, the 2nd lowest of these Banded Profiles. She needs to call them to remove any banding.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to