Hope someone here can help chip in where to look or something else to try!
I should be getting 77Mbps, which I was for over 18months. Recently I noticed I was getting 40Mbps on all speed test websites.
* BTW website shows I am sync'd at 66.8Mbps the plusnet profile matches this.
* In speedtests I get <38Mbps,39Mbps or 40Mbps on the dot, everyday and most the day.
* This happens with all speed test websites BTW/TBB/Speedtest.net.
* BTW Tap3 test gives me a 40Mbps download speed too.
* My desktop (windows 8.1) and Laptop (XP) give me the same results
* tested in various browsers
Now the spanner:
* PPPoE bypass directly from Desktop to BT modem gives me sync speed in all speed tests. 63Mbps.
I thought this must be a faulty plusnet router, bought another brand new TG582n FTTC router from Ebay and back to square one with 40Mbps. PPPoE bypass gets me the full whack again, argh.
So I've changed:
* Flicked between PC and Laptop
I have no idea where the issue might be right now, as the PPPoE bypass works and if it was faulty hardware/cables/noise I would expect the speed to fluctuate, which it doesn't at all.
Any pointers, suggestions or a wake up slap will be highly appreciated!