User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 26-Apr-15 23:06:51
Print Post

Broken :(

[link to this post]

Broken already, broadband is about 1Mb/s if I am lucky and no phone. According to the nice man at Plusnet it is a external fault, he said it is by the Exchnage, but I have my doubts as they was digging around the cabinet a few days back and they still have the cabinet fenced off.l

I think they done something to the cabinet, because a fault in the cable close to the exchange should not effect fibre.

I did not have this problem with wireless, It may have been slower than it should have been sometimes, but this is like going back to years.

Maybe it was a mistake to go back to fixed line,, I just hope they fix it quickly.

Not Plusnet fault,

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 26-Apr-15 23:38:15
Print Post

Re: Broken :(

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Sounds more like one wire of the pair between the FTTC cabinet and you is disconnected somewhere.

That kills the phone but allows severely slowed broadband.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Apr-15 09:08:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As I said they have been digging around the two cabinets, with a JCB, not sure what they are doing unless they are putting a second Fibre cab in.

About 5Mb/s this morning down, not even moving uploading. A bit annying really as I wanted to send some audio files from my zoom mic over to my mate so he can edit them into a video, so now I will have to go over there and I was hoping to stay in today.

Oh well it will give me a chance to get some food I suppose.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Mon 27-Apr-15 09:47:58
Print Post

probably worth power cycling the modem, see if that helps at all
Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Mon 27-Apr-15 10:37:59
Print Post

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

The trouble with this sort of thing is that there is next to no effective communication between PN and Openreach. Mine was down for over a week before it started working again and PN had no idea if it was working or not. Then it all resets your IP profile so it is another ten days before it all gets going properly again. Hey ho!
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Apr-15 11:12:15
Print Post

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

BT openreach rang my bell this morning, stuck something on my phone line, went to the cabinet after i told him someone been digging around it. His little device did say that it was about 400meters away, the fault that is.

He came back after 15 mins, phone back on, internet is better, but still a big iffy, I presume that it will get better now the line is ok.

It was a crimp at the cabinet that was the problem, so all in all, well done to BTOR and plusnet.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 27-Apr-15 13:58:45
Print Post

Check your IP Profile via the Further Diagnostics of the BT Wholesale Performance Tester, (ignore the red instructions).

Then if that is a decent level check your Plusnet Member Centre Connection details >> High speed broadband >> Current line speed. If that is still very low, ring support and tell ask them to reset the Current line speed.

Your upload speed is probably now OK for your upload anyway. The Current line speed usually updates two or three times a day to a fraction below the IP Profile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
ISP Representative MattyPlusnet
(isp) Mon 27-Apr-15 16:42:36
Print Post

Hi zyborg47.

Would you mind messaging me your username? I'd be happy to take a look at your fault if you like.

Matty
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 27-Apr-15 20:09:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I got Download speedachieved during the test was - 10.95 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 26.72 Mbps-33.4 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 33.4 Mbps
and

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.91Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

So certainly not right, I will take Mattyplusnet up on his offer to see if he can do something.
Thanks for the help

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 27-Apr-15 20:15:42
Print Post

You need to look at the "Current line speed", like I said. If it's low will probably self-correct anyway before tomorrow morning.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to