User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User steve_cooper
(newbie) Thu 30-Apr-15 09:46:22
Print Post

Transfer from TalkTalk LLU

[link to this post]

So I've placed an order for plusnet fibre extra. I'm currently in contract with TalkTalk fibre on full LLU. PlusNet have let me know that I can't keep my current number, which is not important as the line is only used for broadband.
At what point do I tell TalkTalk I'm leaving? My plusnet service won't go live for about 3 weeks and I don't want to be left with no broadband.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Steve.
ISP Representative MattyPlusnet
(isp) Thu 30-Apr-15 19:27:35
Print Post

Re: Transfer from TalkTalk LLU

[re: steve_cooper] [link to this post]

Hi Steve,

It's dependent on whether TalkTalk have arranged for the cessation of your line or not. Would you mind messaging me your username so I could take a look?

Matty
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 01-May-15 13:36:59
Print Post

[re: MattyPlusnet] [link to this post]

If the voice line is going to plusnet that should trigger the GPL process, and TalkTalk will get notified of the voice move, and write giving the obligatory 10 day notice to allow you to protest to avoid slamming.

They should in theory keep the line active until it moves, unless someone told them to cease/cancel for a specific date.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-May-15 16:10:01
Print Post

[re: steve_cooper] [link to this post]

Hopefully they will keep the connection going but it's best to be prepared for the worst with TT when you are leaving their LLU network tongue smile

plusnet user
  Print Thread

Jump to