User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Mon 18-May-15 21:50:27
Print Post

Upgrades to FTTC & Phone

[link to this post]

I recently ordered upgrade to FTTC & phone (previously just ADSL). I can see lots of questions/service notices saying about order of FTTC and it completed on 21C Network. last Monday/Tuesday. One of the "Questions" said "please place the WLR order once the broadband order completes".

Anyone know whether I should see anything under "View all questions asked", as I can for the broadband actions?

Ken

Nostalgia is memory with the pain removed
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 18-May-15 22:01:15
Print Post

Re: Upgrades to FTTC & Phone

[re: Kenneth] [link to this post]

What is going on is that often Plusnet order FTTC connection, and only when that has successfully completed do they order line transfer from the existing Service Provider.

What shows on your Order History? Does it show an outstanding order for the phone transfer?

(I'm reading your post as saying your phone was not with Plusnet when your were on ADSL).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Mon 18-May-15 22:29:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
What is going on is that often Plusnet order FTTC connection, and only when that has successfully completed do they order line transfer from the existing Service Provider.

What shows on your Order History? Does it show an outstanding order for the phone transfer?

(I'm reading your post as saying your phone was not with Plusnet when your were on ADSL).

Correct I was with BT as it was easiest way to get line installed into new property but their broadband didn't look as good for my needs.

The Account Summary shows an order on date I placed upgrade request - but marked as complete (this may be related to static IP requested just after), the view order status link from their seems related to original order - but I see nothing else outstanding - If I go to upgrade page there is a message about upgrade pending so I can't change anything.

One of the questions says
9:22am, Monday 11 May 2015
Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Action 21CN Modify Submitted cleared
Modify order has been completed

I did use talk to online assistant Thursday who said should be ordered in 48 hours - I can see nothing to suggest it has crazy and wondering if got in a hole in system

Ken

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 18-May-15 23:32:17
Print Post

You should get a letter soon from BT saying they are sorry you are leaving them and asking if you really want to do that. There is a period of a fortnight imposed by Ofcom to prevent slamming, by giving you the chance to prevent the move.

If you get that, then there is no doubt the order has been submitted.

Other than that all you can do is ask support again to check. You shouldn't need to frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Tue 19-May-15 14:22:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Other than that all you can do is ask support again to check. You shouldn't need to frown.

Spoke to support again - seems it was overlooked and they haven't yet ordered it - the good news is I haven't yet been charged higher rate (I suspected both) - I was wondering if I should just leave it and just let them charge for ADSL, but they usually catch up these things eventually so would rather get straight now

Ken

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 19-May-15 14:47:18
Print Post

Well you'll have to pay somewhere for line rental .... smile

Print Thread

Jump to