User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alext05
(committed) Thu 04-Jun-15 10:05:26
Print Post

Plusnet has done us proud - bottom of the call waiting list

[link to this post]

Smaller UK Broadband ISPs Faster to Pick-up the Phone – Big Ones Slow - article from ISPReview
Standard User azrael316
(regular) Thu 04-Jun-15 11:10:33
Print Post

Re: Plusnet has done us proud - bottom of the call waiting l

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

I would assume this data was collated during the debacle that was 'Leeds Opening' for Plusnet. It was supposed to alleviate some of the call times for Sheffield, but actually caused a huge increase in calls as people had to call back due to incorrect advice etc.

Still, 988 seconds is awful.
Standard User Al1264
(member) Thu 04-Jun-15 11:45:50
Print Post

[re: azrael316] [link to this post]

16-1/2 minutes doesn't sound quite as bad as 988 seconds, alternatively 0.274 hours and only 0.0114 days, perhaps Plusnet should log their waiting times using a calendar rather than a stopwatch! tongue

Edited by Al1264 (Thu 04-Jun-15 14:03:39)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User alext05
(committed) Thu 04-Jun-15 12:02:28
Print Post

From the report at http://broadbandrating.com/news/call-answer-times/

"This post details average call waiting times to ISPs over a two week period at the end of May." So very recent.

Edited by alext05 (Thu 04-Jun-15 12:06:47)

Standard User alext05
(committed) Thu 04-Jun-15 12:05:26
Print Post

[re: Al1264] [link to this post]

The number could have potentially be much higher if not for the test criteria (taken from the same report):

"Our longest call answer times from all types of providers come from PlusNet. When we call an ISP we “max out” at 15 minutes. In other words we aren’t prepared to wait longer than 15 minutes for someone to answer the phone."

Edited by alext05 (Thu 04-Jun-15 12:06:16)

Standard User azrael316
(regular) Thu 04-Jun-15 12:10:40
Print Post

Ouch, so its completely down to the fact they pulled in too many customers in a short space of time and didn't put enough well trained bodies on the phones.

Plusnet training is brilliant, don't get me wrong., its just not long enough and doesn't focus on getting it right, just getting the call ended quickly. (Although not quick enough)

Also, the new Webchat system has taken some very well established techies away from the phones.
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Thu 04-Jun-15 13:22:25
Print Post

No, it was just as bad yday, I waited 16 mins although system forecast 15 mins. However my service is adequate for my needs, it has been reliable after early problems last year, and in fairness it's good value for money.
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 04-Jun-15 14:02:01
Print Post

I did get a very quick and helpful response from their online chat last month. I only had to wait a minute.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User alext05
(committed) Thu 04-Jun-15 14:50:40
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

And someone got this experience from Chat. wink

I wish Plusnet well, it is my provider after all. The folks on their forums are very helpful and their best asset maybe, the price is good.

However certain recent signs are worrying (call waiting times, gateway issue, peak time speed) and we need to understand what is going on. The free broadband plus cashback offers flying non-stop from Plusnet clearly have an impact down the line and, to be honest, smack of desperation.

I don't know whether it's BT playing games with the market at the Plusnet's expense.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Jun-15 23:14:30
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

I too have found online chat very useful, I used it a number of times to request a static IP, change the reverse DNS, and sort out a phone issue. Only needed to wait a couple of minutes and the issues were dealt with straight away.

As far as phone waiting times are concerned it is noticeable that Plusnet's online customer service stats show very little waiting time for business customers as opposed to residential. I would definitely consider paying more to Plusnet if it meant better customer service response times.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to