User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User boysteve
(member) Sun 07-Jun-15 06:38:46
Print Post

FTTP Possible new customer

[link to this post]

Posting here as cannot ask on Plus forum til a member.

Okay my EO line is finally showing as FTTP available(https://www.dropbox.com/s/ga7m7bis53yuogl/FTTP%20Now.jpg?dl=0)

I have been reading the Plusnet forums and in order to get FTTP I have to register for trial,should I register interest or place order for ADSL then request upgrade to FTTP as I have seen recommended.

Broadband currently with Sky Unlimited but phone with idNet,will I need MAC or to notify either supplier of change?

How soon after ADSL is live can I upgrade?

How much is the first months cost,do i pay for adsl or fttp?

Will I get the new customer pricing of £8.99 x first 6 months if I have to upgrade from ADSL?
Don't suppose the cashback offers via quidco/tcb are available?(No harm in trying)

Will it be engineer or self install ?

Currently have standard NTE5 faceplate,could I,should I change it or if engineer install will it be replaced?

Should I order new router at time of placing ADSL order or wait until I can place upgrade for fibre?

Sorry it's all questions but I want to make the right choice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Broadband Unlimited LLU without TV
Line Rental/Calls IDNET
Standard User Pgre
(experienced) Sun 07-Jun-15 12:20:17
Print Post

Re: FTTP Possible new customer

[re: boysteve] [link to this post]

If its FTTP then it will be an engineer installed if its not preinstalled at the house.

Regards PGre
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 07-Jun-15 12:54:38
Print Post

The master socket will be used for the Voice so will remain as is unless it needs re locating, BT engineers will install all the necessary sockets and modem when they install the actual fibre link to your home if there isn't one that is no 30mins job either

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jax2
(regular) Sun 07-Jun-15 13:50:44
Print Post

I too will eventually get FTTP so am interested in this.

My question is if you sign up for ADSL with Plusnet which I think you have to in order to get on their FTTP trial are you 100% guaranteed to get on that trial or is there a risk you could be refused so you remain on an ADSL contract?

Perhaps someone has the answer to that because personally unless I was sure I would definitely get on the trial I would not risk going down that route.
Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Sun 07-Jun-15 13:55:46
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Check out the FTTP Trial link on this page.

Brian
From September 2001 on BTopenworld Home 500/Home 1000/Home 2000. Then ADSLMax on <n>ildram. Moved to ADSL2+ from ADSL24. I'm now with plusnet on FTTC since 28/05/2014 and loving it... I'm not saying who I work for. Any opinions expressed here are my own.
Standard User AAuser27
(member) Mon 08-Jun-15 17:50:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by boysteve:

Well I just signed up on their forum and I am not with PN - so are you sure?
Standard User boysteve
(member) Mon 08-Jun-15 19:40:34
Print Post

[re: AAuser27] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AAuser27:

Well I just signed up on their forum and I am not with PN - so are you sure?

Sure
Please Note:
Registration to Community is only available to customers of Plusnet, Force9, Free-Online, Madasafish and Metronet.

http://community.plus.net/registration/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Broadband Unlimited LLU without TV
Line Rental/Calls IDNET
ISP Representative MattyPlusnet
(isp) Tue 09-Jun-15 10:34:01
Print Post

Okay my EO line is finally showing as FTTP available(https://www.dropbox.com/s/ga7m7bis53yuogl/FTTP%20Now.jpg?dl=0)

I have been reading the Plusnet forums and in order to get FTTP I have to register for trial,should I register interest or place order for ADSL then request upgrade to FTTP as I have seen recommended.

Broadband currently with Sky Unlimited but phone with idNet,will I need MAC or to notify either supplier of change?

Will I get the new customer pricing of £8.99 x first 6 months if I have to upgrade from ADSL?
Don't suppose the cashback offers via quidco/tcb are available?(No harm in trying)

Currently have standard NTE5 faceplate,could I,should I change it or if engineer install will it be replaced?

Should I order new router at time of placing ADSL order or wait until I can place upgrade for fibre?

Hi there,

I deal with most of the FTTP at Plusnet so I'll try my best to answer:

I generally prefer migrating people over with ADSL first, as I find it easier to regrade to FTTP rather than a standalone provide. Feel free to sign up ADSL and then PM me on the forums (Matty Cassell) once you've signed up.

I'd aim to provision you once the ADSL order has completed.

Realistically, you'd be paying the standalone price for FTTC without any discounts (£19.99). I think you'd still qualify for any ADSL cashback offer though should you sign up correctly.

Engineer is likely to replace your NTE5 if needs be.

I'll dispatch your fibre router for free, so recommend paying the P+P for an ADSL one in the meantime. However, some people prefer to use their own.

Feel free to let me know if you sign up.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Pgre
(experienced) Tue 09-Jun-15 11:01:25
Print Post

Interesting note on your DSL checker result about possible wayleaves issues.. hope that doesn't get in the way of you ordering it.

Regards PGre
Standard User libf
(newbie) Wed 10-Jun-15 16:07:28
Print Post

[re: MattyPlusnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MattyPlusnet:

Hi there,

I deal with most of the FTTP at Plusnet so I'll try my best to answer:

I generally prefer migrating people over with ADSL first, as I find it easier to regrade to FTTP rather than a standalone provide. Feel free to sign up ADSL and then PM me on the forums (Matty Cassell) once you've signed up.

I'd aim to provision you once the ADSL order has completed.

Realistically, you'd be paying the standalone price for FTTC without any discounts (£19.99). I think you'd still qualify for any ADSL cashback offer though should you sign up correctly.

Engineer is likely to replace your NTE5 if needs be.

I'll dispatch your fibre router for free, so recommend paying the P+P for an ADSL one in the meantime. However, some people prefer to use their own.

Feel free to let me know if you sign up.

Hi Matty,

Another quick question for you, please. At the end of the year I'll be moving to a property with native FTTP. Is it possible to complete a 'normal' order for the Unlimited Fibre Extra without phone line in this case? Not intending to use my phone line ever, but not sure if I can straight away place an order without ever having had one...

Thanks!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to