User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Sun 14-Jun-15 13:10:42
Print Post

Plusnet house move

[link to this post]

I booked my house move a few days ago for the 2nd July.

This morning, I had an email telling me I was getting charged £255 for "moving to another provider".

After 40 mins waiting to get through to CS, so a shorter wait than normal, I'm told that the emails have been sent out in error, and I won't be charged £255. Yay!

Except then I'm told the provision of services at the new address won't happen till the 6th. This is the first I've heard of it - they have booked an engineer for that afternoon and not bothered to tell me.

So now I'm paying for a service I can't use for days. And, as the 6th isn't convenient for me, possibly weeks.

I don't see how they feel they can not only change the date like this but not tell me.

I'm honestly sick of PN and wish I could move to *any other* provider.
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Jun-15 13:46:32
Print Post

Re: Plusnet house move

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

I'm pretty sure that you won't actually be the charged for the period you have no service, why do you think you will?

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Sun 14-Jun-15 14:42:39
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
I'm pretty sure that you won't actually be the charged for the period you have no service, why do you think you will?

According to the woman at PN they will carry on charging me.

As I'm sure you can imagine moving is a lot of hassle anyway - not helped by the fact that I'm moving over 200 miles.

Now I have to try to book this in on who knows what other day, which will probably delay it weeks.

The most annoying thing is that if I hadn't phoned they would not have seen fit to tell me they had decided to do the install on the 6th. The phone is still going live on the 2nd, apparently 4 days gap is still a simultaneous provide.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Sun 14-Jun-15 14:49:26
Print Post

Yep... certainly sucks being an existing customer!

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 3700/768 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3
Plusnet Fibre Extra 65000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 > Asus RT-AC87U
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Jun-15 19:36:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by nemeth782:
According to the woman at PN they will carry on charging me.

If they did and you posted on the Community forum one of the reps would refund you. It shouldn't work like that, I agree.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
ISP Representative MattyPlusnet
(isp) Wed 17-Jun-15 13:13:04
Print Post

Hi nemeth782, Plusnet rep here.

To clarify, you are refunded at the end of your house move as is standard for any downtime you have had. Apologies for any delays in provision.

Matty
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Jun-15 13:49:32
Print Post

What product are you on at the moment? Are you moving to the same?

The question is important if it's the 38/20 FTTC. Assuming you ordered a few days ago you should still get that, but it may need Matt or one of his colleagues to keep an eye on it in view of the new 38/2 replacement for it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to