User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User project_x_uk
(member) Mon 15-Jun-15 21:15:50
Print Post

thinking of moving over from sky

[link to this post]

Thinking of moving over from sky as it works out almost a tenner a month cheaper with plusnet and my speeds are just dropping like a rock sky Just a few questions would I be able to keep my existing tel number has, anyone had any issues moving over
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Jun-15 22:18:25
Print Post

Re: thinking of moving over from sky

[re: project_x_uk] [link to this post]

I moved from Sky to BT as they had a good offer, then to Plusnet when BT put the prices up for existing customers and therefore let me out of my contract early.

Do you have ADSL or Fibre?

Have you looked at why your speeds are dropping? if you have a fault, don't assume this will be fixed by transferring to another ISP.

I've kept the same number, i don't see why you can't.

Kris

Plusnet
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Jun-15 00:17:37
Print Post

Was it a "new" phone number with Sky, or was it transferred from a "BT based" one?

If it was a BT one it should transfer back with no difficulty. If it was new from Sky it may be less easy.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57821/14115kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Tue 16-Jun-15 08:29:07
Print Post

I moved a phone line from BT when I upgraded to FTTC, they forgot to order transfer until I reminded them the second time. The first time I reminded them they just fobbed you off saying it would be done in 48 hours, despite it already being over 48 hours for FTTC being active (activated on Monday Morning so not a weekend issue)

Now I have been without FTTC since Saturday Morning - they eventally run all sorts of tests Monday evening - you'd have thought they'd have noticed their system says I have been connected during period when I am saying I can't connect and investigate further - but instead just get an email saying nothing wrong.

No I am not happy and would not recommend them despite 18 months of no issue on ADSL but it appears when things go wrong you have to wait 30 minutes on phone if you can't access the internet.

Ken

Nostalgia is memory with the pain removed

Edited by Kenneth (Tue 16-Jun-15 08:29:39)

Standard User longedge
(member) Tue 16-Jun-15 09:06:46
Print Post

[re: Kenneth] [link to this post]

I've been 'connected' since Demon established their first point of presence on my exchange 20 odd years ago and I've been with quite a few providers. I've never had one that didn't have issues at some time. The big thing for me is that if, on the very rare occasion that I have to, I ring support I speak with someone local. Perhaps I've been lucky but the people I have spoken with have always been helpful and polite and sufficiently knowledgeable for their task.
Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Tue 16-Jun-15 09:27:26
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

I have been online for around 20 years and had broadband nearly 14 years now - this is the longest I have had broadband down due to issues.

Ken

Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Tue 16-Jun-15 16:54:24
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Now back working - seems a session that didn't close

Ken

Standard User Discus
(experienced) Tue 16-Jun-15 19:21:01
Print Post

I moved in December and kept my Sky provided number. Internet has worked fine, but I still have an unresolved issue with the exchange presenting an extra 0 in front of any incoming number frown

Mark

http://www.holidayalmeria.co.uk - Holiday apartment website
http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Tue 16-Jun-15 23:25:05
Print Post

Ignore me!

Just talking nonsense ...... tongue

Plusnet 21CN 3500/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3
Plusnet Fibre 67000/19999 @ 450m > HG612 > Asus RT-AC87U BQM

Edited by mlmclaren (Wed 17-Jun-15 00:09:49)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Jun-15 23:52:27
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I think the OP is on ADSL2+, not FTTC. He certainly was in February and March, with no immediate prospect of FTTC.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to