User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Jun-15 15:17:10
Print Post

New 38/2 discussion

[link to this post]

My original thread has been badly sidetracked so many will have given up on it.

A few useful posts came early on, and it has been confirmed over in the Community thread that it isn't a typo on the web pages.

That thread as well has got rather long, but in essence the change is similar to all in the past. Those on the 38/20 will stay on it until they change of their own volition to another product.

What will happen with retention deals hasn't been resolved. I doubt if it can be, as only the Customer Options Team can decide, possibly on a case by case basis. I think past history shows they may be able to get one and stay on 38/20, (or the earlier 38/10 even if that's what they are on), or they may have to move to the then current product to get a retention deal. It seems to vary.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 17-Jun-15 15:51:51
Print Post

Re: New 38/2 discussion

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Another 'unique' product gone. Slowly they transmogrify into BT.

Plusnet used to be a low-cost, with frills ISP. They seem to be turning into a cheap-rate, no frills also-ran. Obviously some heavy uploaders flocked to Plusnet with these cheap-rate, high upload packages, and Plusnet have been feeling the bandwidth costs. Otherwise, why change?

Tried logging into their site these days? Slow...always has been. Guess it always will be while they focus on cutting services.
Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Jun-15 15:55:30
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

38/2 isn't gone yet!! I moved house last Friday and got new line/fibre installed today.

Guess what they've provisioned me on instead of the 80/20 I was on at old house?

Yep you guessed it - 38/2!!

-------------------------------------------
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
My speedtest result
My BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 17-Jun-15 15:57:28
Print Post

I should add that in this day and age, Annex M should be at no extra cost if a user can utilise it. They still offer up to 17Mb on ADSL2+, although said service should be good for up to 21Mb. Peeps are getting stiffed there too.

All in all they are trading on low cost products and are having to strip them to the bone to make them profitable. Which is pretty [censored] for long-term users that actually stay.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Jun-15 16:05:38
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Interesting you say that.

I warned a few minutes ago in this thread that might happen and would need to be prevented for any pre-existing move orders.

Let's hope you get it resolved.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 17-Jun-15 16:10:09
Print Post

So is WBC Annex M not an extra cost option with BT Wholesale any more?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Jun-15 16:10:20
Print Post

Me too - I let Plusnet know as soon as I found out (my dad was at the house for the installation and wouldn't have known how to test lol) and they said the job hadn't been signed off by the engineer yet and could take until the engineer closes his days' work at 6pm. The CS rep was then going to check on what profile they put me on. I'll let you know once this happens later. Interestingly, my line speed in the portal is still on 62.5 as it was before we left the old house last Friday.

Just noticed a LOT of clicking on the line too so may have to report that later too frown

-------------------------------------------
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
My speedtest result
My BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Jun-15 16:12:41
Print Post

Any ISP can offer any product mix they choose. The same applies to chocolate bar and car manufacturers. I really don't see the problem.

If the best combination of products could be combined at a low price and made profitable, then someone, somewhere would be doing it.

For instance - look at Pulse8. How long they will survive with their current prices and staffing is another matter - but let's take that as an example rather than another loss of topic here.

Annex M is only on Plusnet Business anyway isn't it?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Jun-15 16:15:02
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Did you intend to stay on 78/20 then? If so it's just a silly cock-up (again frown) somewhere. I only expected 38/20 house moves to be a problem.

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 17-Jun-15 16:26:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

What I mean is that with fibre products making 2Meg or 20 Meg upload available as standard, why not make Annex M available to non-fibre users at no extra cost where available to users? Is it really all that more expensive if adopted universally?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to