User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Sat 20-Jun-15 19:14:41
Print Post

Any known issues tonight (Bristol area)?

[link to this post]

Can't find anything on the service status, but I'm having speed issues tonight.

I don't have a fast connection at the best of times, typically struggling to beat 4Mbps.

But it's usually adequate for my needs - I'm not a heavy gamer or anything, and it's OK for streaming video.

But tonight, I can't even watch a video without constant buffering and stuttering.

I've tried rebooting the modem, in hopes I might be allocated a different gateway, which might fix it.

This seems to have boosted the speed slightly, from just brushing 2Mbps (according to TBB's speedtester), to about 3.

But tried again with the video - should be just about OK at 3 - but still buffering and won't play properly. Ordinary sites without video seem rather slow to load.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 20-Jun-15 19:58:10
Print Post

Re: Any known issues tonight (Bristol area)?

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

AAISP were showing a problem today at Great Witley, around 3pm, but that's 74 miles north and also fixed. Link.

Nothing else anywhere in the BT network according to that.

Is Andy Murray playing tennis?

Edit - yes he was, and also the Cricket one day international was taking place.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 20-Jun-15 20:00:23)

Standard User TLM
(legend) Sat 20-Jun-15 20:05:58
Print Post

Re: Any known issues tonight (Bristol area)?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hmmm, may have been the sport (which wasn't what I was trying to watch!) but the video does seem better now. Haven't tried to watch it in its entirety yet, but got through the first few seconds, which was more than I managed earlier - it was unusable.

Edit: spoke too soon. Sat down and tried to watch it. Impossible again. frown

Edited by TLM (Sat 20-Jun-15 20:28:52)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to