User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 24-Jun-15 18:48:12
Print Post

Support hour changes?

[link to this post]

A message has winged its way to the inbox

We are always striving to improve our award winning customer service, and as a result we have been looking at our customer support opening hours. After extensively analysing the times at which our customers call, and how long they have to wait, we are revamping the call centre opening hours. This will allow us to have the majority of our staff working when customer demand is at its peak. From 13th July 2015 our UK customer support lines will be open from 7.30am to 10pm every day. Our business customer support is open 24/7.

Believe this is a change from 24/7 phone support hours, and the presumption from the wording is that by not doing a full overnight shift they can put more people on the lines in peak times.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Jun-15 19:00:33
Print Post

Re: Support hour changes?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

They'll be getting rid of the freephone number next tongue

Fortunately I've only had to contact CS about five times in the twenty months or so since moving over from Madasafish.

plusnet user
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Wed 24-Jun-15 19:02:47
Print Post

Interesting spin on saying they can save money by not providing 24/7 support.

24/7 support is pretty important to some. This should count as a significant detrimental change to their contract and thus mean people can leave/transfer without penalty.
(I don't think I would even if it meant I could, but could be a way out for some.)

--
Recently moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Very happy so far.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 24-Jun-15 19:07:27
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

That is why I've already updating listings with new times since for some the night time support was useful if that was when they mostly used the line.

So for some it might count as a detrimental change, but they might be fussy and look at the times you've contacted support to back up your claim - i.e. this is not a clear cut one.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 24-Jun-15 19:19:17
Print Post

Would it be an idea to pin this for a while Andrew? Perhaps until the 13th?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User TLM
(legend) Wed 24-Jun-15 21:21:47
Print Post

Ha!

I recently posted having mistakenly understood that support hours were being/had been reduced. It turns out I'd accidentally looked at the hours for the cancellation desk instead.

But my mistake turns out to have been prophetic, because no sooner had I apologised and retracted, than it turns out (more by luck than judgement) I was onto something after all...

T.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Jun-15 21:37:35
Print Post

I've just submitted a complaints ticket with the following

I've been made aware of a change to the 24/7 support coming into affect from 13th July 2015.

I feel this is a significant change to my terms of contract and would like to give my 30 days notice on my service.

nearly 40 hour lead time so, see what happens I suppose!

WBC 4400/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3
FTTC 66000/19999 @ 450m > HG612 > Asus RT-AC87U BQM
Standard User greenwich
(member) Wed 24-Jun-15 21:39:45
Print Post

That's a very generous reading of the press release, MrSaffron. If Plusnet were going to put more people on the daytime shift it would have been simple and impressive to say so. They did not say that.

Unfortunately it is standard public relations practice these days that no matter what you do, always announce it as an improvement to customer service. Just the other week I had an email from my mobile phone company (Talkmobile) saying "we want to deal with you on your terms". The next sentence explained that this meant that they would no longer provide customer service at Carphone Warehouse shops, only via the website.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Jun-15 22:01:29
Print Post

[re: greenwich] [link to this post]

Along with screwing folks upload to save themselves 7 or 8 quid per month per customer, it seems they are on their uppers.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 24-Jun-15 22:12:12
Print Post

and the slide down continues for this isp.

So basically one cannot call at night to avoid queues now.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to