User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 09-Jul-15 18:04:29
Print Post

Jess is so clever

[link to this post]

Ask Jess a question

Your question: I wish to ring the accounts department

I understand you'd like to contact us. Please select the option that best applies to you, so we can give you the correct information.

I'd like to switch to Plusnet
I've a question about my order
I've a question about changing my package
I've a question about cancellations
I've a question about a Plusnet Service
I need to report a problem
I want to make a complaint

If the above options don't apply to you, please type your query in the box below.

Alternatively, you can speak to our Plusnet Chat team for more help.

(The query entry box appeared here) Ask Jess
I was querying the charge for a static IP address which I have had since October 2012 and paid for on the October 2012 invoice.

However I then took my courage in both hands and tried the Live Chat. In the "Engagement" window , after waiting 9 minutes, I got engaged to a helpful Gemma. Seven minutes later, one of which was me working out the third and 14th characters of my password, (I can type it straight in from memory, but ...), and 4-5 me typing the problem, invoices dates and so on, she had said she would refund it.

Can't complain much about that, though 9 minutes wait was a little long. OK on real Windows as you can get on with other things with the engagement at one side and largely overlapped, but on "Immersive browser", iPad or phone you'd be stuck.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-Jul-15 21:03:56
Print Post

Re: Jess is so clever

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's rather worrying if they are randomly rebilling people for static IP addresses they've already paid for - I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User longedge
(committed) Thu 09-Jul-15 21:59:55
Print Post

Would you mind adding a bit of background info? Was this a further charge made out of the blue for no reason? Worrying if it was.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 09-Jul-15 23:28:49
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Damn Damn Damn!

Earlier I was half way through an explanation to kasg, got distracted, then my machine froze and I lost it. Since when I've been busy.

Just spent 10 minutes or so replying to you and accidentally went back to the previous screen and lost it all again. Just near the end.

I'll try again tomorrow, but everyone can relax. It was a one-off and something I think a support chap did when I had a problem, without him realising it had billing implications. The date of the charge is that day, so I think he may at some stage have set up a new static IP address on my standard account. I certainly have a different one to my October 2012 initial one.

I only fully sorted this out in my head through drafting the lost reply, and in no mood to try again tonight.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User caley
(member) Fri 10-Jul-15 07:25:18
Print Post

RobertoS.

Never lose a typed online form again. One of the best addons for Firefox or Chrome.

Lazarus: Form Recovery 2.3.1-signed

Caley.

Lost a Pet?
Remember them forever at
Caley's Pet Remembrance Tributes
www.petremembrance.co.uk
Standard User longedge
(committed) Fri 10-Jul-15 08:29:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Damn Damn Damn!

8^) - enough of an explanation there to lay my worry to rest. I can't remember exactly when it was (possibly when I came back to PlusNet after a spell away) but IIRC a fixed IP was included as a free option when setting up the account, perhaps I paid and wasn't aware of it??
  Print Thread

Jump to