User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User swervinc
(member) Thu 23-Jul-15 17:09:56
Print Post

Keeping phone number form BT to Plusnet

[link to this post]

A family member currently has BT Infinity and phone calls with BT. They are now considering a move to FTTC and phone with Plusnet but don't want to lose their phone number.

Plusnet says
Whenever possible we'll try and keep your current phone number. However, in some cases we can't transfer numbers.

Could anyone give any more information on this and if they place an order online will their phone number move automatically?

Thanks.
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Thu 23-Jul-15 20:30:18
Print Post

Re: Keeping phone number form BT to Plusnet

[re: swervinc] [link to this post]

My telephone number moved without any issues about 10 months ago. Moving from BT phone + Infinity to Plusnet phone + 40/20.

I think complications are most likely if LLU is involved, which makes BT/Plusnet changes (either way) reasonably safe.
However, no promises or expert knowledge, just on that went OK.

--
Recently moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Very happy so far.
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 23-Jul-15 20:47:43
Print Post

If it is a BT number and has always been a BT number, it will be fine. If the number has been ported to BT from somewhere else, there may be an issue.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative MattyPlusnet
(isp) Tue 28-Jul-15 16:39:23
Print Post

Staff member here.

Typically we'll contact you if there's a problem retaining the number rather than just switching it to something else. Though I don't think I have ever seen an issue with a BT - Plusnet migration in my time provisioning.

Matty
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to