User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Jul-15 00:05:11
Print Post

Consider leaving plusnet

[link to this post]

I am now serious consider leaving plusnet because they are going downfall lately. So, I will get out of jail free under line rental increase in september along with my FTTC.

So, I will phone up pulse8 first thing in the morning to discuss about new migration system if it still accepting by BT Openreach / BT Wholesale FTTC to LLU FTTC (TalkTalk Business 80/20) with the phone bundle.

I think many of us as a long term customers with PN are consider moving away from them too.
Standard User chesternutz
(newbie) Mon 27-Jul-15 01:24:46
Print Post

Re: Consider leaving plusnet

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

hi

im a noob so first post but I know im considering it. had so many issues with speed and dropped connection since January this yr they keep saying its my router but changed and still not rectified.
many in my village having same issues but im sure they are all not using my hardware.

so I chose to give their fibre a chance on fri eve putting in my order only to get this pop up

An attempted move from ADSL 1 on WBC to ADSL2+An attempt to change the upstream capping
Please check why the order has been rejected and contact the customer.

and order been cancelled. waited 48hrs now and no response as to why or what is wrong.

thinking maybe exchange oversubscribed to 21cn but considering trying EE instead. been with PN since 09 and prior to that for a few yrs before too. only cancelled as was overseas.

any advice welcome
Standard User ChrisAO
(learned) Mon 27-Jul-15 10:07:13
Print Post

[re: chesternutz] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Have to tried posting about this on Plusnet's Forum Feedback board?
I can't make out if that's an automated response and something went wrong, or an agent response from another inexperienced sales agent.

Either way it needs flagging to Plusnet so one of the CRT can have a look. When they've done so, they'll probably then refer you to customer options to see what deal you might get.

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 27-Jul-15 11:44:18
Print Post

It's a tricky one. I must admit I thought you changed ISP as often as some people changed their socks, but I may be mixing you up with someone else. I am not happy with the recent changes at Plusnet, BUT my connection is rock-solid and I have had no problems with congestion, slow-downs, disconnects or anything that would affect my experience. Yes, I could use the increase in phone costs as a reason to leave (although I would be very unlikely to get any refund on the LRS), but what would be the point, as anywhere else would be significantly more expensive for exactly the same service (ignoring issues of customer support for now, which may or may not be better)? So as it is, I plan to move my line rental somewhere else (probably Pulse8) when the LRS expires, but that's about it unless anything else changes.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User cajef
(experienced) Mon 27-Jul-15 12:14:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
I think many of us as a long term customers with PN are consider moving away from them too.

I am not sure about that statement, reading their forums there do appear to be several who are considering leaving but just what percentage of their customer base this represents is debatable.

I have also been a customer for many years and like kasg my connection has been excellent, but I still have my LRS with BT so the Plusnet increases don't affect me and I have no complaints about the service I have received in the past though whether that continues remains to be seen.

PlusNet FTTP - Unlimited Fibre Extra
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Edited by cajef (Mon 27-Jul-15 12:59:39)

Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Jul-15 15:55:44
Print Post

[re: cajef] [link to this post]

We have been with PlusNet for just over 12 years now. The problems we have had have been down to BT not PlusNet.

We have no plans to move.

Conor

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
BQM
Standard User ChrisAO
(learned) Tue 28-Jul-15 04:21:27
Print Post

[re: cajef] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cajef:
........... but I still have my LRS with BT so the Plusnet increases don't affect me ..........

BT Retail is raising it's Line Rental by £1pm from Sept 20th I think it is, but not sure how/when their LRS is affected as I haven't checked.

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Jul-15 05:17:38
Print Post

[re: ConorMK] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ConorMK:
We have been with PlusNet for just over 12 years now. The problems we have had have been down to BT not PlusNet.

We have no plans to move.
looking at you TBBQM in your sig it looks like you need to look at your connection at peak time a bit more closely, packet loss and jitter during peak time is what i see, and would be a reason to migrate if not sorted out in a timely manor regardless of who the isp happens to be
Standard User amips
(newbie) Tue 28-Jul-15 08:55:16
Print Post

[re: chesternutz] [link to this post]

Why would you want to join EE - just voted worst customer service (along with BT) via OFCOM figures. Also note that EE is being taken over by BT, so a recipe for disaster. Everytime you want help, you'll be in a 30 minute queue to get through to someone in India that you cannot understand, or cannot actually help you! Stick with PlusNet-phone their helpdesk and get useful assistance!
Standard User hippyharry
(regular) Tue 28-Jul-15 09:23:12
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

What is my position then? I have LRS which I paid in full back in November last year, but I then upgraded to Fibre on the 23rd June this year.

In November when my phone line would then revert to a monthly £16.99 charge, do I have the right to break out of my contract for free?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to