User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Aug-15 14:14:37
Print Post

Re: Consider leaving plusnet

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The few times I had to phone PN CS the longest I had to wait for the phone to be answered in the mornings was around 10-15 minutes, now the afternoons and evenings were a different matter the longest I waited for a call to be answered was just under 40 minutes at about 3.00pm, usually I would hang up after 40 odd minutes had passed by. frown

plusnet user
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Aug-15 14:36:40
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Why the thanks, they are a broadband supplier at the end of the day, its in their job description to supply a broadband service...

I assume that know body else is able to supply you with a Broadband service ??

You were the one that started thanking God, don't take it so seriously! smile Of course others can supply me with broadband, all at a higher price and the connection speeds, etc., would be exactly the same (I do not have access to Virgin cable). I have no reason to change supplier at present; that might change, I don't know.

I can assure you that at no point did I refer to "god" in any way... it isn't something I do!

It's interesting that you would mention the price of Plusnet's broadband being lower than others and the speeds being exactly the same.... I would expect the price to be one of the lowest... its not like Plusnet are exactly supplying a fat lot to its customers... at least BT provide a half decent* piece of kit with their service as well as access to a huge network of secure hotspots, not to mention the sports and other complimentary services and not just BT either.... Sky, TalkTalk, Virgin.... they all provide something extra...

Plusnet provide some cheap router, that from what I hear* is a pile o ...... and thats about it...

The speciality in their customer service has now gone though they keep preaching about it like nothings changed!! and as far as speeds are concerned its reckoned that without Plusnet's QOS/Management system I and other could achieve a bit more of our lines profile speed, not to mention that system seems to be responsible for the poor browsing and usability of the connection at busy periods...

Also funny that we're discussing Plusnet today, I found an email from yesterday this morning regarding the outcome of my complaint to CISAS.... and even though Plusnet finally found it in the best interests of both them and myself to remove any early termination charges (before CISAS picked up the complaint) it seems that CISAS has forced them to add some sprinkles on top... not a bad little going away present either...

FTTC 63500/19999
FTTN 57344/3170
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Aug-15 16:33:23
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I can assure you that at no point did I refer to "god" in any way... it isn't something I do!

I apologize, it was ZenUserJP who brought God into it.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Edited by kasg (Sat 15-Aug-15 16:34:19)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Aug-15 16:34:36
Print Post

Oh well, [censored] happens smile

FTTC 63500/19999
FTTN 57344/3170
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Sat 15-Aug-15 20:18:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
BT Business T & Cs:-
4.9 All charges are exclusive of VAT which is chargeable at the applicable rate, unless otherwise provided in the Service Schedule. Early termination charges and cancellation charges will not be subject to VAT.
Also the £35 seems to include the line rental, but Anytime Calls is £10pm.

Hi,

Well yes it's all ex VAT in the business world as we know. Yes you also get the option on no calls at all which is full price or daytime only. You do get 100 mins free a month as you only get the essentials package by choosing an option which I did choose but forgot.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Sat 15-Aug-15 20:19:34
Print Post

(I do not have access to Virgin cable).

Now that IS something I would thank god for!. It's shockingly [censored]. :/

Edited by ZenUserJP (Sat 15-Aug-15 20:19:50)

Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Sat 15-Aug-15 20:21:46
Print Post

I apologize, it was ZenUserJP who brought God into it.

No I said a common phrase. A garden stone is more religious than I.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 15-Aug-15 21:26:04
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
Well yes it's all ex VAT in the business world as we know.
You and I do, and quite a few here do.

I warrant most don't, and it is far from obvious on the BT site. It took me quite a while to find that one.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57584/13846kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Aug-15 21:57:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
Sorry to say but thank god I am not on Plusnet!

And I'll say it again, my connection is rock-solid, 10ms pings, full download and upload speed at almost all times. Thanks God I am on Plusnet!
Same here. Here's a fresh peak time graph:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14396...

Not quite as flat as normal but perfectly acceptable.

But then I'm currently on a good gateway. I've been on a bad gateway three times this year. It seems to take about ten minutes to bounce my connection onto a better one then I'm good for a few more months. Unfortunately it seems some people are changing gateways all the time and struggling to get onto good ones when it happens.

I suspect there might be a geographical component to the issue. For me it's a temporary nuisance easily rectified. but for those who keep finding themselves on a bad gateway it must be very annoying.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Sat 15-Aug-15 22:03:00)

Standard User alext05
(committed) Sat 15-Aug-15 22:48:59
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

What is also annoying, when you find a good gateway Plusnet kicks you off it after a few days. It happened to me four or five times now. However, you seem to stay forever on a bad one. Coincidence? I don't think so. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to