User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User think26872
(committed) Sat 01-Aug-15 23:12:21
Print Post

Thinking of leaving - SSE / Cancellation Fees?

[link to this post]

I am considering leaving Plusnet.

The current deal that SSE has at the moment for their 80/20 product is cheaper than Plusnet and with £120+ cashback makes this a great offer. Also you are not tied in as long and none of this line rental saver rubbish.

I have received an email regarding the price increases - not long left to make my mind up.

If I look at Account Summary in Member Centre I do have a value listed saying £50 upon cancellation.

Do the price increases mean I can move both phone and broadband without cancellation fees - I am on a combined Phone and BB package but Phone is paid for with Line Rental Saver? I guess I will also loose any remaining Line Rental Saver months.

Does anyone know what network SSE use to provide their broadband? e.g. BT, TalkTalk?

Thanks
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 01-Aug-15 23:27:24
Print Post

Re: Thinking of leaving - SSE / Cancellation Fees?

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by think26872:
Do the price increases mean I can move both phone and broadband without cancellation fees - I am on a combined Phone and BB package but Phone is paid for with Line Rental Saver?
Yes.
I guess I will also loose any remaining Line Rental Saver months.
Plusnet say so. One person contacted Ofcom about this and Plusnet changed their mind. (Then they accepted a part refund also for that person's parents). I think at least one other person has had a part-refund. But PN are continuing to say no unless you refuse to accept that.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User wilson99
(regular) Sun 02-Aug-15 11:35:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In the same position. 6 months left on my BB contract (£14.99), one month left on LRS.

Checking SSE they don't quote upload speed on the 40Mbps product. I read posts that they are a wholesaler on BT and others that mention Daisy. Also if you have to cancel their get out fee is greater than the product itself. Very few posts about SSE on this forum.

So rather then taking the unknown risk with SEE I've taken the known risk (usless callcentre) of going back to BT.
Some pretty decent quidco (if it works) and a £125 JS card makes it a no brainer. Also 12 month contract.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Aug-15 16:21:31
Print Post

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by think26872:
I am considering leaving Plusnet.

The current deal that SSE has at the moment for their 80/20 product is cheaper than Plusnet and with £120+ cashback makes this a great offer. Also you are not tied in as long and none of this line rental saver rubbish.

Minimum contract length is 18 months for SSE but you actually have to stick with them for the full two years -

You must remain with us for your phone and broadband for the 2 year period to benefit from the 2 years free broadband or the 2 years half price fibre broadband offer.

https://www.southern-electric.co.uk/uploadedFiles/Co...

The price with cashback is good but two years is a heck of a long time and SSE have no track record.
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Aug-15 20:35:31
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
SSE have no track record.

I'm with them for my Gas/Electricity - to say that I'm not happy how they have managed my Personal Data (call it mismanage) would be a massive understatement!

Regards,
John
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Mon 03-Aug-15 08:23:37
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

I'm not happy how they have managed my Personal Data

Care to share your experience please.

Ian
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Mon 03-Aug-15 08:49:49
Print Post

Minimum contract length is 18 months for SSE but you actually have to stick with them for the full two years -
Have SSE told you that, or is that your own interpretation of the term quoted? I understand it differently to you when I read it.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Aug-15 09:50:27
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vimto_girl:
Have SSE told you that, or is that your own interpretation of the term quoted? I understand it differently to you when I read it.

What do you mean my interpretation? I'm giving you quotes straight from their official terms and conditions. Here's the 18 month minimum reference -

SSE Superfast Fibre broadband / SSE Ultrafast Fibre Broadband: D411 product range

Products description

Our fixed term broadband packages, part of the D411 product range, provide access to the internet from a fixed location.

They are only available to domestic customers with an active BT line for which a monthly line rental will be charged and are provided for domestic use only. The fixed term contract duration for these products is 18 months.

Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Mon 03-Aug-15 10:03:26
Print Post

I am asking specifically about "You actually have to stick with them for the full two years", which is not a quote from the official terms and conditions. I read the terms and that was not my understanding.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Aug-15 10:11:58
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vimto_girl:
I am asking specifically about "You actually have to stick with them for the full two years", which is not a quote from the official terms and conditions. I read the terms and that was not my understanding.

You have to stick with them for two years to qualify for the two year discount -

Terms & Conditions

2 years free broadband or 2 years half price fibre broadband with our Phone and Broadband offer

1. 2 years free broadband offer is only available when you purchase SSE Everyday Broadband with
any phone package. 2 years half price fibre broadband offer is only available when you purchase
SSE Superfast Fibre Broadband or SSE Ultrafast Fibre Broadband with any phone package. All phone
packages include line rental. The applicable discount will be credited to your account each month for
the 2 year period

2. You must remain with us for your phone and broadband for the 2 year period to benefit from the 2
years free broadband or the 2 years half price fibre broadband offer

3. Existing phone and/or broadband customers who are still within their fixed term contract may be
charged an early termination fee if they end their existing contract early in order to take advantage of
the 2 years free broadband or 2 year half price fibre broadband offer

4. The phone and broadband contract will be 18 months in duration in most cases. Depending on your
geographical location in the UK or if you buy online, your phone contract may be 12 months.

5. Offer available from the 16th of April 2015 until 16th September 2015, is subject to availability and
cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

6. Offer is subject to our General Terms & Conditions for the supply of the fixed line phone and/or
broadband service (combined where applicable). All can be found on our website at
sse.co.uk/phoneandbroadband

7. No cash alternative

8. Offer not available to business customers

What is your interpretation of point 2?

Edited by Spud2003 (Mon 03-Aug-15 10:52:34)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to