User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Aug-15 09:15:43
Print Post

appointment cancelled - no reason given

[link to this post]

My family back in Northern Ireland were supposed have fibre installed yesterday but the engineer did not turn up.

When my dad called PlusNet they said the appointment had been cancelled but no reason was given. On Friday he had to chase the router as it had not been sent so that may have had something to do with it..

I know this is not the first time this has happened but I do wonder how often it does happen. I don't think my dad was very impressed with the way it was handled, being a new customer.

Conor

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
BQM
Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Aug-15 15:25:09
Print Post

Re: appointment cancelled - no reason given

[re: ConorMK] [link to this post]

So PlusNet have given another date of the 27th for the install to happen.

They mess up the appointment yet its my family that have to wait.

I suspect that if it had been the other way around it would have taken longer to get a date.

Conor

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
BQM
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Aug-15 15:45:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by ConorMK:
On Friday he had to chase the router as it had not been sent so that may have had something to do with it.

Unlikely to have anything to do with it. Almost certainly the usual Openreach cock-up. Openreach may have fed back the missed appointment to Plusnet, they may not. If they did then Plusnet should have informed you. Plusnet and most other ISPs never say "Openreach screwed up", the best you can hope for is "problems with our supplier."

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Aug-15 15:56:42
Print Post

I keep reading about failed BT Openreach engineer visits,Instal dates ect , Is it me or is it mainly plusnet customers that experirence this? Are there any statistics available so we could compare plusnet to other ISP's ?

It's all very well casting the blame on to BT openreach, when there's a possibilty that it's down to an error ISP side, or even failure to place said order in the first place , Although i do realise that Openreach aren't also at fault at times,
I can't say that i have had problems of this kind maybe some area's have less engineers available ?
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 12-Aug-15 21:21:50
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

from what I have observed, other isps pick up on the cancellations and inform the customer.

Plusnet's system seems to do nothing no one knows until the day passes with no visit and a angry customer.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User rscott
(member) Fri 14-Aug-15 19:21:49
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Sky are also extremely fed up with the service from Openreach - https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/201...
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Aug-15 19:32:21
Print Post

This seems to be happening quiet a lot with Plusnet lately...

If Plusnet can't get it expedited wether its there fault or Openreach's then I don't think its worth getting Fibre with them... never mind the issues with Plusnet fibre many of us have abandoned them to avoid.

FTTC 63500/19999
FTTN 57344/3170
  Print Thread

Jump to