User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Aug-15 20:02:01
Print Post

Rubbish Speed Tonight

[link to this post]

Getting fed up with PN now.

Rubbish speed all over the place

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14397...
Standard User starwar
(newbie) Sun 16-Aug-15 21:04:39
Print Post

Re: Rubbish Speed Tonight

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

100% agree!
Standard User nonny
(newbie) Sun 16-Aug-15 22:27:56
Print Post

[re: starwar] [link to this post]

my speed tests are fine but browsing is rubbish, like wading through treacle.... more often than not. I wondered if it was latency (42ms at the moment but been above 150 at times...) but I've been told that shouldn't be an issue ~ so what I want to know is why? no one seems to have an answer ?.

oh! and no I haven't got loads of things going at the same time and it doesn't make any difference whether i'm wireless or wired ~ I had a bad problem with dropped connections etc a couple of months back but that was eventually found to be a problem up the pole wink I can stream video no problem but can't play solitaire blitz with my 83 yr old aunt....

Edited by nonny (Sun 16-Aug-15 22:33:16)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Aug-15 23:10:08
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Don't get fed up just think of all that money you are saving with that great retention deal you got for the next 24 months with PN and what you can do with those savings tongue smile

plusnet user
Standard User nonny
(learned) Sun 16-Aug-15 23:24:24
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I've been with plus net for over 6 years, so well out of contract... originally plus net suggested my connection problems were potentially a router issue ~ they wanted me to take out a new contract before they would send a new router even if it turned out that the original one was faulty ~ I was not impressed. .... frankly, seriously considering moving on.

but I would still like to know what the problem is ~ I've had internet since dial up so although i'm pretty dumb about how it all works I do know when things just aren't working as well as they should.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Aug-15 23:31:20
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

laugh xD

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 17-Aug-15 00:08:00
Print Post

[re: nonny] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nonny:
I've been with plus net for over 6 years, so well out of contract... originally plus net suggested my connection problems were potentially a router issue ~ they wanted me to take out a new contract before they would send a new router even if it turned out that the original one was faulty ~ I was not impressed. .... frankly, seriously considering moving on
No surprise there then, plusnet casting the blame on your router wasn't supplied by them earlier was it, one of those technicolor branded ones they used to supply? and they seriously think that their latest POS would fare any better do they?
Taking the urine is what they are doing yes time to move on , i doubt it could get a lot worse with another ISP , do a bit of research and if you make a wise choice you may be presently surprised regarding the quality of your connection , but cheap isnt always the best option

Edited by tommy45 (Mon 17-Aug-15 00:08:40)

Standard User nonny
(learned) Mon 17-Aug-15 00:14:10
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

yep, the original Thomson.... I can't get fibre yet, so reluctant to take on a new contract with anyone. thinking pulse 8 as they're only 5/6 miles away, I can always nip round if I've got a problem & no contract.... just a lot of family hospital stuff going on at the moment so not much time for anything.....
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Aug-15 00:29:44
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Plusnet certainly are meddling in the cookie jar at the moment...

I'm still stuck with them until I've found out where I'm moving too, theres no point in me flying off and ordering something else when it may not be suitable for new location...

I've just setup some monitors to find out where some packet loss I've been seeing on a Constant Quality Monitor served by Rapidswitch in Maidenhead is coming from... I've got ThinkBroadband monitoring a couple of the CQM IP's that ping my connection and I have the CQM in question monitoring a couple of IP's that come off of Plusnet's gateways and links.

Will be interesting to see if I find anything!

The browsing issues currently are driving me up the wall... specially with all the hype about how far broadband has come and home much better its supposedly is these days.... I remember back in the days of 10meg cable when Broadband was kicking [censored].... browsing was so much faster... everything worked... now everything is on its [censored] dying and being excused by excuse after excuse...

The other thing that annoys me too is the rubber banding I get when trying to play games on PS3 and other consoles and PC's.... my pings are pretty good but I'm assuming that if browsing has such a lag then why wouldn't gaming too.

Anyway, I'm satisfied anyway... I've had a few wins with Plusnet up to now, and they more a less laughed at me when i told them it wasn't over... laugh .... It is now smile

Standard User nonny
(learned) Mon 17-Aug-15 00:53:53
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

for heavens sake, should it really be incumbent on the customer to learn all this tech stuff to try and get the service we are paying for.

as for how far bb has come, I was with virgin on dial up & remember being upgraded to bb (a whole 1 Mb) and it was better than I get now with over 11Mb
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to