User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User richi
(newbie) Wed 26-Aug-15 17:11:59
Print Post

Yet another incorrect billing complaint

[link to this post]

I left Plusnet on Aug 18. No final account received. Yet I'm due a small refund, I think.

Instead, I get a demand for next month's payment. Yeah, but no, that's not happening.

Looks like I'm far from alone in this. For dog's sake, sort it out, Plusnet.
Standard User andew
(member) Wed 26-Aug-15 21:16:03
Print Post

Re: Yet another incorrect billing complaint

[re: richi] [link to this post]

I'm in a kind of similiar situation, i'm leaving plusnet. Broadband was migrated to Zen on the 14th of this month. Phone line transfers on the 31st. On the 22nd got a bill from plusnet which states broadband from the 22nd of this month until the 21st of September. Contacted the billing department who say they cant alter the billing, but i'll get a refund shortly after the 31st. They also stated that this is the industry standard way of billing people!
Standard User richi
(newbie) Wed 26-Aug-15 21:26:41
Print Post

[re: andew] [link to this post]

Ludicrous. Does Plusnet think they're going to charge me an extra month and then someday refund me out of the goodness of their hearts?

They can whistle for it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Wed 26-Aug-15 21:28:28
Print Post

[re: andew] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andew:
I'm in a kind of similiar situation, i'm leaving plusnet. Broadband was migrated to Zen on the 14th of this month. Phone line transfers on the 31st. On the 22nd got a bill from plusnet which states broadband from the 22nd of this month until the 21st of September. Contacted the billing department who say they cant alter the billing, but i'll get a refund shortly after the 31st. They also stated that this is the industry standard way of billing people!

Virgin Media try and do the same. I just cancelled my DD and waited.. and waited. and waited. the screen was unable to give me a bill and then never contacted me.

Id rather pay what I owe than over pay and get a cheque.

Good move going to Zen smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 26-Aug-15 22:50:55
Print Post

I migrated away from Plusnet on 13 August, the actual move happening around 01:20. (FTTC only, line has always been elsewhere).

By coincidence the 13th was my billing date. The invoice was raised that day as I expected, and the direct debit taken on the 18th.

I'm fully expecting a credit note for the period 14 August to 12 September to come through on 13 September and a refund or before 18/19 September. Plus a payment for referrals accrued between 13 August and 12 September.

It's a bit of a cruddy system, but doesn't give me a problem accepting it. If my finances were such that them holding a few pounds of mine for a month on top of my new ISP subscription having gone out would upset my bank account, then I shouldn't have been on FTTC in the first place.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 27-Aug-15 09:31:12
Print Post

There's been a response to a duplicate post from the OP on the Community forums
Hey, Sorry to hear about this. I have checked your account and can see that the transfer failed in automation to close your account. Because of this it generated a new invoice for your next bill on the 23rd. To resolve this issue I have forwarded this on to our billing department to amend the errors for you and refund any moneys owed. ^BB

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001

Edited by jelv (Thu 27-Aug-15 09:31:44)

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 27-Aug-15 09:40:48
Print Post

Lots of companies charge in advance and then give refunds a couple of weeks later.

We are charged in advance for our phone line, gas and electricity.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User richi
(newbie) Thu 27-Aug-15 10:11:25
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Lots of companies charge in advance and then give refunds a couple of weeks later.
Agreed. And this is what Plusnet promised to do. So if this is what Plusnet were actually doing, I'd have no complaint.
Standard User XL42
(newbie) Thu 27-Aug-15 11:43:16
Print Post

I have not long left them, albeit transferred out middle/end July and got my refund yesterday. So the do pay out on occasion it would seem.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 27-Aug-15 23:50:20
Print Post

[re: XL42] [link to this post]

(Replying to the latest post).

I have just looked at my account and in my Account Summary it shows all my Orders, with the latest being:-

24/08/2015 BP01xxxxxx PlusNet Residential Generic Services Product £N/A(monthly) Complete

I've also received under the email address automatically given me when I joined two emails, one telling me this order has completed. To the email address I gave them for contact). So I've set that address up in Thunderbird with a filter to redirect it to where my Plusnet emails used to come.

Showing a couple of referrals credited so far this billing month.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to