User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cosmicgw
(newbie) Wed 16-Sep-15 21:42:46
Print Post

Migration from Metronet

[link to this post]

I have been a Metronet customer from the early days [pre PlusNet] and now they are closing it down.
Is PlusNet offering any special incentive to stay, or should I look at others.
All I need is normal broadband and PlusNet unlimited seems less cost than Zen,
Any better suggestions?
Thanks.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 16-Sep-15 22:14:14
Print Post

Re: Migration from Metronet

[re: cosmicgw] [link to this post]

What sort of usage do you have/ Both download and upload amounts per month, and what do you do on the connection. As in gaming; P2P, browsing, email, TV catchup, and anything else there is.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Sep-15 09:03:38
Print Post

I thought Plusnet had closed down Metronet years ago, I used to be with Metronet and was so annoyed when Plusnet took them over I went to AOL for a month smile I never wanted anything to do with plusnet then.
Now I am with plusnet I can understand why I did not want anything to do with them.

Are you going fibre or staying with ADSL? Either way you will find all the larger providers like Plusnet cheaper than the smaller ones like Zen. but you should get a better service from the smaller providers.

As RobertoS typed, it depends on your usage, if you been with metronet all this time I presume they was still using the PAYG system or did they get rid of that?

Plusnet and Talk Talk are two of the cheapest ones in the large providers, also have a look at Vodafone if it is available where you are.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-Sep-15 17:49:23
Print Post

If you just use for std web and basic email then any provider would do and you can shop around on cost or freebees. Your note does not look like you need a lot of capacity, so assume plusnet would be as good as any. I use SKY, which is comparable. There are a lot of deals so check each supplier.

IanD
Standard User cosmicgw
(newbie) Thu 24-Sep-15 18:02:57
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Hello and thanks for your comments.
Sorry for the delay, I have been waiting for Metronet support to report my usage in the past 12 months. [The invoices did not help as PayGo usage is free in each month once the maximum usage was reached]

Metronet tell me, that my a/c max was 7G/mth and my daughters a/c max was 350G /mth.

My local service from PlusNet is ADSL over a normal BT line and has given no problems, so the conclusion seems to be stay with them.
Graeme.
  Print Thread

Jump to