User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 22-Sep-15 09:21:57
Print Post

new channels on plusnet TV

[link to this post]

Natgeo and nat geo wild is now on Plusnet TV, two that would interest me, also Gold, Watch and Alibi.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Tue 22-Sep-15 12:09:05
Print Post

Re: new channels on plusnet TV

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

wow a paid for TV service is finally starting to catch up with Freeview.

A fool and their money etc..
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 22-Sep-15 13:13:14
Print Post

Really... they only just got Gold and other UK TV channels frown

Oh well, still doing better than Now TV I suppose!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 22-Sep-15 14:02:16
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
Freeview does not have Nat Geo or Nat Geo Wild.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 22-Sep-15 16:59:05
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:

Not interested in Gold to be honest, it is Nat geo that I am interested in, but I must have a look at the guide before before I decide and then I got to make up my mind if I want to stay with Plusnet or not.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 22-Sep-15 17:16:27
Print Post

Nat Geo - owned by Fox wink
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 22-Sep-15 18:01:05
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:

A fool and their money etc..

So tell me what do Freeview offer that is better than Plusnet TV?

If you are at Pick, Dave and yesterday, then there is not a awful lot on them to be honest, tell me where anything like Nat geo is on Freeview?

Saying that I just had a look on the guide to see what is on Nat Geo and it is not that great, more or less the same rubbish the UKTV channels show, like Ice trucker and air crash investigator. Nat geo wild don't look that much better to be honest.

I suppose for the amount of channels you get and you also get Eurosport and BT sport lite, if you are into Sport, then a it is not bad for a fiver a month.
£50 for a PVR is not bad either, the only problem is I don't think the You view box is the best box around.

My problems are
I have now cancled my Tv licence again and it is running until the end of Jan, so if I want to go for this I need to start that up again.
I am now about 6 months into a 18 month contract with Plusnet and I am not sure if I want to stay with plusnet for another 18 months.
That is it really

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Sep-15 19:04:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
£50 for a PVR is not bad either, the only problem is I don't think the You view box is the best box around.

The Youview box that Plusnet is currently supplying is rather good (the Youview+ version that records).

The comments about Freeview and Plusnet TV are rather odd - Plusnet TV is additional to Freeview, you can't have Plusnet TV without it, i.e. an aerial is required.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User binary
(member) Thu 24-Sep-15 10:18:13
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
The Youview box that Plusnet is currently supplying is rather good (the Youview+ version that records).

The comments about Freeview and Plusnet TV are rather odd - Plusnet TV is additional to Freeview, you can't have Plusnet TV without it, i.e. an aerial is required.

The comments are odd, until you realise they come from someone who appears to have a bee in their bonnet and seems to want to spend their time criticising Plusnet at every opportunity... bit sad really, getting tribal over ISPs, but such is life.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Sep-15 12:05:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by mlmclaren:

Not interested in Gold to be honest, it is Nat geo that I am interested in, but I must have a look at the guide before before I decide and then I got to make up my mind if I want to stay with Plusnet or not.

Gold has its moments for stuff like Only Fools, Porridge, Bottom & Young Ones but then discovery's, nat geo's can be a decent way to fill in the gaps of a rainy Sunday afternoon smile

I think the main sub channels currently that I can think of would be Sky 1, Fox, Comedy Central... Dave's not too bad, either for stuff like suits and Red Dwarf!

Thought if your deciding between the TV and Leaving Plusnet, my answer would be pretty biased considering the mixture of issues and bad attitudes I've experienced with them.

If you do find the TV is suitable then BT could be one to look at!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to