User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ichneumon
(learned) Thu 15-Oct-15 16:08:48
Print Post

Plusnet still sending automated bill after migration

[link to this post]

Migrated from Plusnet on 28th Sept and it all seemed to go smoothly, apparently that was too much to hope for...

On migration day or soon after I logged into Plusnet member centre and it it shows two 'Script user' comments in a single help ticket notifying the support staff to arrange for the phone and broadband to be cancelled.

The final bill was sent a couple of weeks later, it was paid so it all looked fine until: another auto billing email was sent this month to notify us of payment pending for Oct-Nov! We promptly cancelled direct debit which has resulted in another auto generated email from Plusnet saying the direct debit has been cancelled.

Looked at the help ticket again and a CS rep has replied saying "on hold for DD to process."

I have replied pointing out the errors and referred the support staff back to the script comments at the start of the help ticket, hopefully they can resolve this without any further problems, but it's a bit irritating to see my reply has been sent to 'Debt management.'

A bit of googling suggest this is now a common issue with Plusnet cancellations and migrations :/ I hope it's not a shady policy but only happening because stressed CS staff are only reading the upper most comment on the help tickets i.e. for the phone cease and overlooking the the broadband cease.

Probably they need to make the system clearer for their staff, or automate it fully, but it's just one more sour note for Plusnet customers to make them less likely to ever return.
Standard User WJT
(newbie) Thu 15-Oct-15 16:48:13
Print Post

Re: Plusnet still sending automated bill after migration

[re: Ichneumon] [link to this post]

I don't think there is anything doggy going on, Billing are just dead slow at actioning the raise tickets probably because they're short of staff? My transfer date was 16th September, I cancelled my direct debit on October 6th and only this week I received two emails saying my account will be closed on October 19th and refund cheque will be posted to me since I was billed for the full monthly amount on September 12th.

Edited by WJT (Thu 15-Oct-15 17:07:14)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Oct-15 18:50:02
Print Post

I'm also still having billing issues with Plusnet, they well and truly screwed up!

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1443...

Annoying how something so simple been made so complex and inconvenient.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 15-Oct-15 20:09:31
Print Post

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/general/t/4441003-s...

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User richi
(learned) Tue 20-Oct-15 10:20:10
Print Post

[re: WJT] [link to this post]

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

3 km line on THTG: 13.5/1 Mb/s with Pulse8
ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Wed 21-Oct-15 12:40:09
Print Post

@ Ichneumon

Please feel free to send me a PM with your username and I'll get on the case for you.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Ichneumon
(learned) Wed 21-Oct-15 13:16:59
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

Thanks Adam, I have messaged you as the account/billing is still active and more emails about failed payments and account restrictions have been sent.
  Print Thread

Jump to