User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mabibby
(regular) Thu 19-Nov-15 10:33:25
Print Post

How's service these days?

[link to this post]

Just popping by, wondering whether anyone can comment on whether PlusNET have resolved their woeful service performance from earlier in the year?

BT Infinity 2 - 47/9 @ 800m
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Nov-15 10:54:33
Print Post

Re: How's service these days?

[re: mabibby] [link to this post]

Nope!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Nov-15 10:57:48
Print Post

Been ok here for a couple of months or so.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 19-Nov-15 11:37:09
Print Post

Don't seem like it.. I still see complaints and still get messages from people updating me on their cases fro early release or advice on how and what to do.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Nov-15 12:35:19
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Have you actually had any issues requiring support in the last couple of months?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 19-Nov-15 17:16:31
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I nearly asked that earlier, but then realised the OP doesn't specify CS. It could be about the gateway and slowdown problems we were having.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mabibby
(regular) Thu 19-Nov-15 20:21:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Both really! I left a few months ago due to various issues with speed and CS.

Just felt it was a shame, and hoped PlusNET would rekindle it's reputation at some point.

BT Infinity 2 - 47/9 @ 800m
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Nov-15 20:54:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by mabibby:
Both really! I left a few months ago due to various issues with speed and CS.

Just felt it was a shame, and hoped PlusNET would rekindle it's reputation at some point.

Support from what limited number of customers are reporting on their community forum , still have woefully long "on hold" call times , and there is still a big problem it seems with training of those who man their call centres,( could also be pay related) So no changes for the better in that department ,

As for their "networking"issues Still ongoing for some,( the number of customers complaining has dropped off, but that is most likely due to them migrating to other ISP's, not due to them actually fixing anything) and their web site is less informative than it it used to be in regards to usage graphs, and the current line speed link although still active it has been removed from the customer portal,

Also to add they still charge incoming migrations the £50 connection fee if bb only

And also want a 18mth min term on FTTC when if you have already had such active FTTC service for the previous 12mths BT openreach don't hold the ISP to anything more than 1 month , they also are peddling a 40/2 (2mbps) upstream product in place of the more useful 40/10

Then there's their woeful move to wires only installs for FTTC , the woeful bit is that they supply a re branded BTHH5 version A , that isnt fully compatible with G.inp and reboots it's self every 14 days,lol so no change with their supplied cheap and nasty hardware either, maybe best avoided for the foreseeable don't waste you money, if you want a decent FTTC service then you may have to pay more than plusnets prices

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 19-Nov-15 21:03:33)

Standard User Philce
(committed) Thu 19-Nov-15 21:35:25
Print Post

Colleague at work was supposed to migrate from TT to PN FTTC 80/20 on Monday.

BTO didn't bother to turn up to do the stuff at cab and in house, guys at exchange did the stuff removing his existing ADSL etc.

Sum total is he is without BB until at least Nov 30th.

Hes had a very bad experience of calling PN CS (over 60 minutes waits, and then they say they know nothing).

Touch wood mine has been stable 76/18 for 2 years now and we use over 300Gb monthly with no issues at all.

Edited by Philce (Thu 19-Nov-15 21:35:48)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Nov-15 21:49:41
Print Post

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Philce:
Colleague at work was supposed to migrate from TT to PN FTTC 80/20 on Monday.

BTO didn't bother to turn up to do the stuff at cab and in house, guys at exchange did the stuff removing his existing ADSL etc.

Sum total is he is without BB until at least Nov 30th.

Hes had a very bad experience of calling PN CS (over 60 minutes waits, and then they say they know nothing).

Touch wood mine has been stable 76/18 for 2 years now and we use over 300Gb monthly with no issues at all.
That's another thing the sheer amount of botched /failed orders, Plusnet seems to lead the way with these cases, Some have waited weeks to get an engineer to install their ordered service, there is definitely something amiss with the way plusnet do their provisioning , whilst i accept that BT openreach aren't innocent in this either , but plusnet seem to have more failures than all isp's
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to