User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Dec-15 14:23:22
Print Post

Adding phone to our Fibre

[link to this post]

We are looking at moving our phone line possibly to PN.

How much extra will it be on top of the price we are paying for fibre?

Conor

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Dec-15 14:42:04
Print Post

Re: Adding phone to our Fibre

[re: ConorMK] [link to this post]

Standard voice line rental with no inclusive calls is £16.99 per month, and in theory believe you should benefit from a £2.50 reduction in broadband price if you are taking both phone and broadband

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 09-Dec-15 15:07:53
Print Post

[re: ConorMK] [link to this post]

As well as what MrSaffron says there is a Line Rental Saver, where you pay a discounted amount for the year.

Currently it is a bad idea to take that, as it has a 12-month term that overlaps with your broadband. They don't have the same contract dates.

This can lead to complications if you want to leave.The discount offered used to be considerable, so it may have been worth the potential hassle, but it is quite small now. Up to you what you decide, of course.

If you just want to cut your phone bill, I went to Pulse8broadband for that, while I still had my broadband with Plusnet. I pay £13 per month rental, plus £1pm caller display, no call plan but 1ppm calls with no setup fee. Peanuts.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ChrisAO
(regular) Thu 10-Dec-15 07:46:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The £2.50 reduction in BB costs might depend on when you signed up/which BB package you are on. If you are on a very old package that reduction - actually it was an extra charge for not having phone rental with Plusnet - may not apply. Worth checking on and doing the maths as well as considering the benefits of having both with the same provider if you have problems with your "connection".

ChrisAO
Plusnet customer since June 2003.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Dec-15 09:55:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

+1 for Pulse8

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 10-Dec-15 12:17:12
Print Post

[re: ChrisAO] [link to this post]

That's true. I wasn't paying the £2.50 even though my phone has never been with Plusnet.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Dec-15 12:44:50
Print Post

Well, slightly disappointed with Pulse8, as I thought they were the bee's knees. I phoned them with a view to moving my line rental over, was told that everyone was busy, so leave a message, which I did. That was over an hour ago, no call back yet. Am I being unreasonable?

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 64500/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 10-Dec-15 12:48:48
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

That's very unusual. I have seen one person have repeated trouble, but that's all. The rest of us who have had contact with them and/or joined have nothing but praise.

Just as a side note, I hope you noticed that the phone page defaults to the business tab, not the home phone one.

And you are calling Pulse8broadband, not Pulse8.

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Dec-15 13:15:49
Print Post

OK, I got through to them just now. "It's been one of those days," he said! The wheels are in motion.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 64500/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Dec-15 13:17:49
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
OK, I got through to them just now. "It's been one of those days," he said! The wheels are in motion.

Maybe they are gaining popularity and customers, which brings its own challenges of course.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to