User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cliftonhill
(regular) Wed 16-Dec-15 22:32:18
Print Post

A I being unreasonable?

[link to this post]

I wanted to switch from Sky to PlusNet as they were reasonably priced and did so. PlusNet confirmed a date (4th Dec) and Sky wrote with usual confirmation of that date being my last with them.

Early that morning my Sky broadband and phone line were both disconnected within 30 mins of eachother. I wasn't concerned and calling my line from my mobile I got a message saying I had dialled an incorrect number. An hour or 2 later I got a ringing tone but no ringing and no dialling tone from my phone.

Hours later I contacted PlusNet who said it could be connected up to midnight but my broadband was being delayed (no explanation offered). It wasn't and the next day I raised the lack of broadband and phone with customer service.

Longer story cut short Openreach came out on 9th Dec and fixed it at the local cabinet. No appointment was made with me and it just happened I was at home to let them in, the only day of the week I wasn't working.

I asked about compensation for costs incurred by using my mobile, (they didn't even offer to route incoming calls to it) and the inconvenience of being cut off for the best part of 6 days.

They advised me I'd get £4.26 which isn't compensation, it's just not charging me for a service for the period they didn't provide it. I had shown faith in them by paying a years line rental in advance and now feel I've made a mistake.

I didn't specify an amount to them and would have accepted a relatively small amount. I have told them I was unhappy about the lack of compensation to no avail.

This isn't what I expected from a top rated company.
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Dec-15 09:29:03
Print Post

Re: A I being unreasonable?

[re: cliftonhill] [link to this post]

Expecting 'compensation' is unreasonable, yes. Waiver of line rental (as you had) or diverting incoming calls to your mobile are the reasonable solutions. In either case outgoing calls from your mobile remain your responsibility.

I'm a bit surprised that the BT engineer had to visit your home but it depends when you placed the order. PN switched to wires only install a month or two ago so most installs shouldn't require an engineer unless a new line is being ordered or you are switching to an FTTP solution.

As for top rated..lol. You've been reading too many adverts. Plusnet has been going downhill (at least in customer service terms) for most of this year. They are now officially (according to Ofcom) the second most complained about Communications Provider in the UK. If you have a stable connection they are great value for money which is why I have stayed with them. But if you ever need to call on their Customer Service you soon realise why they are cheap.

All I can conclude with really is that if you now have the connection you want you should be good to go. As long as it stays that way you'll enjoy your time with PN.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User agnits
(newbie) Thu 17-Dec-15 09:35:20
Print Post

[re: cliftonhill] [link to this post]

Errr Top rated what?
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-Dec-15 11:44:13
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

It wasn't an install it was a migration, assuming it was a straight migration from the OP
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 21-Dec-15 14:58:53
Print Post

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

New customers ordering a fibre based FTTC service from PlusNet will now not need to be home on the day the upgrade happens as the provider has switched to the self-install version for those upgrading after 17th December 2015.
Link.

In which case it would be a managed install, and as the OP probably didn't have an Openreach modem with Sky an engineer visit would be needed to deliver and install one.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Dec-15 16:18:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As it will not be a Plusnet upgrade from ADSL it will not be a managed install
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1456...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 21-Dec-15 17:02:48
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

So we need to know what the engineer did smile.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to