User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Tue 29-Dec-15 16:47:41
Print Post

Line Rental Saver - hardly worth it

[link to this post]

My line rental is due up shortly and the "Saver" saving is £1.50 a month. I recall previously it was considerably more than this. To add insult to injury we still have to pay 99p a month for CLI. As a low volume user I do begin to wonder if a mobile service ultimately is a better deal.

I know it is a competitive market but just how "customer focussed" are PN nowadays.
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Dec-15 16:53:23
Print Post

Re: Line Rental Saver - hardly worth it

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by meldrew:
My line rental is due up shortly and the "Saver" saving is £1.50 a month. I recall previously it was considerably more than this. To add insult to injury we still have to pay 99p a month for CLI. As a low volume user I do begin to wonder if a mobile service ultimately is a better deal.

I know it is a competitive market but just how "customer focussed" are PN nowadays.
I've just transferred my rental to Pulse8. As long as you don't make calls it saves about £2 a month. Only downside for me is that they don't support SMS but it's not like I use that very often anyway.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Dec-15 17:38:28
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

and even when you do it is massively cheaper once you factor in Anytime Calls at £6 per month unless you use the phone a heck of a lot

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 69bertie
(learned) Tue 29-Dec-15 20:01:13
Print Post

if you're a low volume user and get a good signal, a mobile makes lots of sense. 3 years ago, I took out a monthly contract for £7.50 a month (£7.70 now) and that included a free smartphone as part of the deal with no upfront costs. I get 250mins, 5000 texts and 750mb of internet (3G) a month. Does me fine. Indeed, out shopping yesterday, I was very tempted by the deals out there now. £10 a month gets you a lot if you're not bothered about not getting an Iphone. As for my home phone, one call made in 3 months! Total waste of time.

The big problem is that usually if you just want a broadband only line, it can cost more than having one with a phone line included.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 30-Dec-15 03:18:08
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

in most cases for light voice users mobile's are better value even PAYG.

Even for heavy users mobile's can be better value, the issue is really a case of market failure, all the big providers following each other and using broadband as a bribe to get you to pay for a ripoff voice line, They then charge a high amount for line rental which is clearly excessive and have a small price difference to their inclusive call plans to make them seem good value.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Dec-15 09:39:09
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Pulse8 demonstrate the extent to which other suppliers are ripping people off with their per minute or part there of charging and extortionate connection charges.

Pulse8 charge 1p per minute (peak), per second billing and NO connection fee.

As Jim says, you'd have to make a hell of a lot of calls before a calls package from another supplier would be cheaper!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 30-Dec-15 09:57:06
Print Post

Not sure about Plusnet, but BT have changed their LRS recently.

It used to be 12 months for the price of 10 *edit*

Now it's 10% off 12 months.

Edited by BuckleZ (Wed 30-Dec-15 11:26:56)

Standard User nadger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Dec-15 10:49:31
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

I renewed LRS from 18th December

The way I saw it the bank won't give me 10% on my money and I still get Evenings and Weekends.

Actually proved helpful when upgrading to fibre as didn't need new phone contract

plusnet usergroup member cool
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Dec-15 11:01:39
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BuckleZ:
Not sure about Plusnet, but BT have changed their LRS recently.

It used to be 10 months for the price of 12.

Now it's 10% off 12 months.

I'm not with BT just now but don't you mean 12 months for the price of 10? smile

plusnet user
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Dec-15 11:06:24
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:
I'm not with BT just now but don't you mean 12 months for the price of 10? smile

I would hope he did! I know LRS has got less attractive, but 10 months for the price of 12 really would take the biscuit.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to