User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pompey_steve
(member) Thu 11-Feb-16 18:34:23
Print Post

Retaining customers

[link to this post]

Has anybody out there got a good deal out of plusnet when they said they were going to leave?

I want to change to fibre, but if I stay with plusnet I wont get any deal on the price and I will be locked into another 18 months. With the way that plusnet customer service is going I dont want to be tied in for another 18 months, and i dont like the way they have kyboshed the upload speeds either.

If I change to somebody else, such as BT, I can get a deal were I get cashback and only have a 12 month contract.

Why would I stay?

-----------
Regards,
Steve
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 18:50:02
Print Post

Re: Retaining customers

[re: pompey_steve] [link to this post]

Plusnet only offer best customer deal if agree to 18 or 24 months contract. No special offer deal will remain on monthly to monthly contract only once your fibre minimum contract had ended.

Edited by adslmax (Thu 11-Feb-16 18:50:24)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Feb-16 19:35:51
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

EDIT > This reply ment for pompey_steve, appologies Max it was a slip of the finger smile

Have a look at Topcashback for a cashback if you fancy BT fibre, only 12 month contract AFAIK

Customer support via India can be tricky but other members (one of which I think was Batboy) have indicated that some support is available from UK and they might be able to pass on the phone number if you think BT fibre will be suitable for you.

plusnet user

Edited by Apprentice (Thu 11-Feb-16 19:39:31)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pompey_steve
(member) Thu 11-Feb-16 20:40:29
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

yeah I have had a bad experience of BTs phone-based customer support through my parents, where they made a complete mess of the changes my parents wanted.

However, it was sorted by them registering an online account (with my help) and sorting it out online, where you seem to be able to do a lot of stuff with a half-decent system. This is the saving grace of BT. I;d hope I wouldn't have to speak to anybody on the phone.

Regards,
Steve

Edited by pompey_steve (Thu 11-Feb-16 20:41:48)

Standard User Galoka
(regular) Thu 11-Feb-16 22:28:17
Print Post

Why Indeed.

I moved from plusnet to BT last Oct, no way could plunset top the savings with BT (when I switched they were doing £190 cashback and £100 Sainsburys giftcard - so basically paid for Infinity 2 for the 12 months).

As for support., well in 11 years in this house I've called ISP support once, so I'll take my chances for a decent saving. (I did have a phone line fault last year whist still with plusnet that was dealt with entirely online)
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Feb-16 07:00:44
Print Post

Do what ever you feel is best, all these larger providers are going to offer you saving to get you to join them, but look at how much you can save over the contract not in the first few months. I still have 6 months to go on my contract, not sure what I will do after, to be honest Plusnet have not been too bad and if i am going to stay with a large provider then i could certainly do worse and is certainly the closest I want to be with BT.

If I change i may go back to my old provider if they sorted things out, not sure if i could go back to 10Mb/s, which is the only thing stopping me, but then when it was working, I was happy with that and customer service was spot on. It is not always about money unless you have none.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User ppppenguin99
(member) Fri 12-Feb-16 08:22:29
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

For some years it's been my annual ritual to phone Plusnet to ask for for my MAC and get a good deal. Now that we no longer have MAC based migration I don't know how this will work.

It may well be that the only way to get the best prices now is to move around regularly.

In my case there's an additional factor. Over the years I've recommended a lot of people to PN. For perfectly valid reasons, as for long periods PN has been as good as most and better than many for average users. Hence I have a referral bonus that's a substantial discount on my bill. I don't think it's possible to keep that bonus if I leave PN and it outweighs just about any offer I'm likely to get from another ISP.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 12-Feb-16 08:57:53
Print Post

[re: ppppenguin99] [link to this post]

Give Plusnet the chance to make an offer, as they are not allowed to make a counter offer after you start a switch. Unless things have changed, you keep your referral fees going into your bank after leaving, or at least to the best of my knowledge that is how it once was. I am sure someone will confirm that one way or the other.
Standard User ppppenguin99
(member) Fri 12-Feb-16 09:01:55
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I too used to think that you kept the referral bonuses if you left but they changed the terms and conditions a while ago.Can't say I'm surprised.

https://www.plus.net/features/referral_terms.shtml

See clause 6.

"6. Should you decide to leave the service, any outstanding credit earned by your referrals made with this scheme is not eligible to be converted to monetary value and taken with you. My Referrals discounts are non-transferable between account-holders."

If you returned to PN the terms don't say what would happen.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Feb-16 09:23:27
Print Post

[re: ppppenguin99] [link to this post]

I still get referral bonuses from PlusNet and I left about 4 years ago...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to