User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lennyuk
(member) Sun 06-Mar-16 10:43:19
Print Post

Credit Card

[link to this post]

Plus net took my money and that was it , no email , username doesnt work but took £192 out of my Credit Card . I think It Should be rectified right away. the the bank and plusnet want me to wait and it will drop off. I don't want to go ahead with the deal now , I will stay with what I know ...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 06-Mar-16 10:50:23
Print Post

Re: Credit Card

[re: lennyuk] [link to this post]

Backing out is part of the Distance Selling Regulations, but refunds are rarely immediate and the bank will generally only get involved if there was a genuine mistake, rather than you've now changed your mind.

So time to tell PlusNet to cancel the order completely and request the refund

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User lennyuk
(member) Sun 06-Mar-16 10:53:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

No it's a genuine mistake thats why I want nothing further to do with them,,, they have no knwlege of my land line , username , email , post code etc Santandar said it can be rectified from plusnet's bank with a fax ..

Edited by lennyuk (Sun 06-Mar-16 11:05:33)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lennyuk
(member) Sun 06-Mar-16 10:55:23
Print Post

The only thing that happened was the credit card transaction of me giving them £192.87 . there was a fault and that is all I didn't change my mind

Edited by lennyuk (Sun 06-Mar-16 10:57:09)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-16 10:58:39
Print Post

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-int...

plusnet user
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 06-Mar-16 11:07:31
Print Post

Banks and Plusnet would not say it will "drop off". What did they say, that it will be credited soon? Which as has been said takes a while - it's just how credit card credits work.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User lennyuk
(member) Sun 06-Mar-16 11:11:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The chap from Santander said that their bank"Plusnet's" can do this instantly by fax and gave me a ref number .. this is the first time I heard about it also..but he seemed to know what he was talking about

Edited by lennyuk (Sun 06-Mar-16 11:13:25)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Mar-16 16:23:05
Print Post

Yes companies can refund or credit your bank account a lot quicker than they say that they are able to, It's all down to their own systems and how much they value their reputation ,as well as level of organisation within the company
I have had refunds from Amazon within a couple of days before now

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 06-Mar-16 18:22:50)

Standard User longedge
(committed) Sun 06-Mar-16 17:13:20
Print Post

I can't see how anybody can comment on this at all. Have you signed up with PlusNet, presumably they haven't just got your card details and just taken money without your say so. What's the timeframe, did you sign up last weekend, last month, last year? I'm not a PlusNet 'fanboi' but I do believe in being fair.
Standard User keith969
(member) Sun 06-Mar-16 17:32:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by lennyuk:
The only thing that happened was the credit card transaction of me giving them £192.87 . there was a fault and that is all I didn't change my mind

You need to contact them and state you are cancelling, and request a refund.

BT Infinity 2, 43mbs down 9mbs up
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to