User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jaba
(regular) Sat 19-Mar-16 22:14:50
Print Post

Plusnet Mail

[link to this post]

About 4 weeks ago I migrated my BB away from Plusnet.
This was not for any particular dissatisfaction apart from 2 things : I wanted a higher monthly bandwidth than my legacy product's 2GB but PN wanted 19.99GBP on my Market 1 exchange also I have never been happy with PN's 'Current Line Speed' setting which sets an artificially lower limit than BT's IP profile and usually it takes several days to resume the correct speed after an event which lowers the sync speed temporarily. Like a power cut a night for example.

OK thats the background and when I phoned PN to confirm the migration I was offered the possibilty to retain my email address and webmail and also the monthly payments for reccomendations to friends who had joined PN.
I received an email detailing the change of service to 'Plusnet Mail '

But then a few weeks later it no longer works and I no longer have an account with them and cannot use their email any more. Worse, I can no longer sign in to raise a ticket either.

What to do as I am abroad now for some weeks and do not want to phone them and hang on for ages as usual ?
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Mar-16 22:17:51
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Mail

[re: jaba] [link to this post]

if you have internet access try using Chat although i am not sure how that will work if your account is disabled

Edited by Oldjim (Sat 19-Mar-16 22:18:53)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 19-Mar-16 23:48:23
Print Post

[re: jaba] [link to this post]

Did they ask you to set up a new direct debit? I had to, to cater for the referral payments. I think the reason given was it would be a new free email account and the team setting it up didn't have access to my bank details.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 19-Mar-16 23:49:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jaba
(regular) Sun 20-Mar-16 23:11:53
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
if you have internet access try using Chat although i am not sure how that will work if your account is disabled

thanks I will try that on Monday when they open up again.
Standard User jaba
(regular) Sun 20-Mar-16 23:15:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Did they ask you to set up a new direct debit? I had to, to cater for the referral payments. I think the reason given was it would be a new free email account and the team setting it up didn't have access to my bank details.

No they did not ask for a new direct debit, they refunded my excess payment for the coming month though to the existing DD.
They seem to have just cancelled the plusnet mail account and of course I have not received any referral payments.
  Print Thread

Jump to